Presence preference

I'm diving into Hubitat UI .....
question for you folks....
which is the preferred presence detection for Hubitat?
Phone Presence ?
Life 360 Presence ?
we have an 1 ios and 1 android in our house. I have Life 360 setup for both of us.

thankyou in advance

Since switching over from SmartThings, I have 2 Android and 1 iPhone using Hubitats' phone presence (Hubitat installed on all three). Been working flawlessly since day one. Very impressed.

If you have Life360, just use that. That way you don't need to bother changing anything on the devices themselves.

I've used it for a while now and have zero complaints.

2 Likes

Unless you're willing to build in a lot of combinations as back-up/fail-safe, uber reliable presence can be pretty elusive. I'm too lazy for all that, so we just use Life360 for Home/Away status.

It's not perfect, but it's good enough for us.

I do build in a couple Refresh commands into rules involving garage door action - one immediate refresh (for arrivals), and then delayed refresh (for departures) -- those do help Life360 stay pretty good.

Once in a while, one of us gets stuck in the wrong mode for a bit, but it's never caused an issue. We don't tie that status into any lock or door opening automation, so no real risk of anything serious going sideways.

1 Like

For a reliable presence I am using both Hubitat presence, Life360 and WiFi presence combined using the Combined presence custom app.
Working great for me.

2 Likes

I use the Hubitat native app. Life360 isn't something I would use. I'm not a fan of their privacy policy. (Openly selling your data). Granted Google, etc already does that. I'd just prefer to keep tracking devices to a minimum.

Whatever you run, just make sure you phone is set not to restrict battery or background use of the Hubitat app. Android is pretty good about killing apps to save battery.

1 Like

Thanks everyone. Appreciate it

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.