Presence Governor

Got it, thanks for for outlining your usage. I'll try it a bit with departure = 2 and wifi and see how things go. Thanks for the app!

This looks really promising and I've been able to install and configure it (I think). I want to set up simple rule that says, "When I get home, turn on the living room lights". However, I find that the iOS app keeps sending exit and enter messages. This ends up turning the lights on and off while I'm home. I'm hoping Presence Governor makes it more reliable for me. It looks like Presence Governor is doing its thing but the rule to turn on the lights isn't respecting the proxy. Any suggestions?

I have Presence Governor configured as [isDebug:true, departuredelay:0, inputSensors:[myIPhone6s, myiPhone WiFi Sensor], outputSensor:myIPhone6s, arrivalthreshold:2, threshold:1]

dev:34 2019-11-15 02:02:21.595 pm info Living Room was turned on [digital]
app:93 2019-11-15 02:02:21.180 pm info Action: On: Living Room
app:93 2019-11-15 02:02:21.151 pm info Turn on test Triggered
app:93 2019-11-15 02:02:21.124 pm info Turn on test: myIPhone6s presence present
app:92 2019-11-15 02:02:21.085 pm debug Presence Governor for myIPhone6s: Threshold not met
app:92 2019-11-15 02:02:21.078 pm debug Presence Governor for myIPhone6s: 1 sensors present
app:92 2019-11-15 02:02:21.047 pm debug Presence Governor for myIPhone6s: null present
app:92 2019-11-15 02:02:21.029 pm debug Presence Governor for myIPhone6s: Arrival Check

The output sensor should be a virtual presence sensor. At least mine is. And, usually it would make more sense to make the Departure threshold higher than the arrival threshold.

Edit: If it helps, here's my setup:

1 Like

Awesome, thank you. I was missing the virtual presence device.

1 Like

@doug. Going to give this app a try. What is the Proxy? Do I need to first setup a virtual device for the proxy?

Not @doug, but the Proxy is in fact a virtual presence sensor as you have surmised. And you will use the Proxy as the presence sensor that monitors records Home/Away status.

1 Like

@aaiyar Got it. I have setup the virtual presence devices.

My other guess would be the Departure / Arrival Threshold would be now many Sensors have to be set to Arrive or Not Present before it will trigger the Virtual Device.

I have mine set for 1 and 1.

1 Like

I use 2 for departure and 1 for arrival.

3 Likes

What would a WiFi sensor be? Is this a special device or can I use my Android phone as a WiFi sensor?

You can. You will need to assign your phone a static IP address and use this driver:

@aaiyar I just found this app. Installed and test on an Android Galaxy S8. Works well. Senses presence in about 1 1/2 mins.

This is now my 3 presence sensor to work with Presence Governor.

2 Likes

@doug I installed this app last night. So far it has been working flawlessly. I have noticed in the code, mine says 1v.0 not v1.2.

Glad it's working out for y'all.
Look at the child app, the parent app has not iterated since inception. I'm up to 1.2.7 on the child app.

1 Like

@doug. Roger that. Child is 1.2.7

getting some error messages./

No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Presence Governor - Child, namespace:dwb, parent:dwb:Presence Governor, ...]]

for example when copying the code.

You need to install the parent code first.

I tried that also.. I get this error message. :frowning:
No signature of method: Script1.definition() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[name:Presence Governor, namespace:dwb, author:Doug Beard, description:Combine the states of multiple presence sensors into a single proxy state., ...]]

I haven't a clue why that would happen if you got all the parent app installed. :thinking:

My apologies, I install it in the drivers code.. :frowning:

1 Like

I can't seem to get PG to work. I'm using Iphone (Hubitat App) and WiFi. Settings Questions: What goes into Presence Section? (I Put my Iphone) What goes into Proxy Section? (I put in Virtual Devices) Doing it this way never shows mine or my wife's phone as away. Any help is appreciated. EDIT: WiFi driver is installed