Preference Manager Questions, Comments and a Complaint

I was wanting to change all my devices to disable all logging. First issue is the Complaint. I have 3 different Enable Debug Logging and 2 different Enable Description Text Logging, all with slightly different spellings, except 2 of the Description Text options are the same. I assume this is coming from the drivers? Can they be standardized? Or is that a foolish request?

Summary

And I have this one that although I don't have the driver install anymore, and don't have any devices using it, still show as if they were using it. I also shanged the driver to Device, deleted all options, and they still show up.

Summary

I also have devices using the Generic Zigbee Motion Sensor (no temp) that doesn't show up in the By Device Type list.

Summary

Notice the Zigbee - Generic Repeater (with Presence) selection. How do I get rid of this one?

And finally, when you do go to select devices, is there any way to have a alphabetically sorted list of devices?

Summary

That is up to the driver author. It looks at the preference name (as used internally by the driver code). I think all built-in drivers should be the same. Community code you would have to take up with each individual developer, being clear about the reason for your requests since how a driver implements a certain preference is not standardized (or even of concern to most users), and they will probably wonder why you care.

I'm guessing some of your other issues are related to an in-app cache. There may be an easy way to clear or refresh this, but removing and re-adding the app should also work.

2 Likes

There is a button in the app somewhere to rebuild the cache, which you need to press if you make changes to devices. Sorry don't have it installed to check but I know its there somewhere.

1 Like

Stoopid big ■■■ button on first screen - Reload Preference Data... That fixed the most of the issues. Thanks! I still have 2 Debug options, but only one Description Text option. Now if the sorting could get sorted out...

My drivers totally break that app BTW, due to my dynamic settings lists, it will just pick up on the first one it finds and assumes all the other devices with the same driver have the same list, which is incorrect.

1 Like

You are the Zooz King. I do have a few Zoozes, but just use the built-in drivers.

Good thing because I totally broke the paradigm for logging settings :slight_smile:

That's not entirely unheard of, Micro, the original dev for the EcoWitt drivers does something similar. Keeps the number of settings down as well.

Zeese?

2 Likes

Instead of flying an a V shape, do they fly in a Z shape?

2 Likes

Yeah I had the idea from another driver, not that one specifically. It is similar to how you pick the logging level in Linux as well. The biggest thing for me was the ability to enable the trace logging easily if really needed.

1 Like

Did you see that confluence of Zeese?

1 Like