Power outage, now NONE of my iBlinds respond to HE

Hi everyone!

I have had the most bizzare thing happen to my system. Last night the power went out. It didn't bounce on and off. It just went off. It came back on about 20 minutes later. Some of my switches wouldn't respond until I manually operated them. That was odd, but not bizzare. The bizzarre pat is since then NONE of my iBlinds respond to HE.

I have powered the blinds down and back on, recalibrated them, restarted HE. I even went so far as to restore HE to the most recent backup prior to the power outage. No luck.

The REALLY odd thing is I CAN control them from Z-Wave PC Controller. I have also tried to subsequently send a Z-wave command via the "Advanced" function on the device page of the same device in HE. Nothing happend.

Does anyone have any ideas of what to try next??

@bobbyD, @bravenel Any thoughts?

I am also having HE to Hue response issues. HE calls to my Hue hub are interminably slow to respond, yet the same devices though the Hue hub respond instantly.

BTW, I do have my hubs protected with a CyberPower rack-mounted suge protector.

That is bizarre. Anything odd in Logs?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Collect_Information_for_Support

When in doubt, I would take a fresh backup, save it locally, then run a Soft Reset restoring the backup when you see the Get Started screen (scroll down on the page and click "Restore Backup")

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Soft_Reset

1 Like

Thanks @bobbyD !

There isn't anything interesting in the logs, just the usual stuff. (I can post them if you're interested.) The soft reset seems to be helping. I'll update this thread if I hit a wall.

2 Likes

@bobbyD :weary::weary::weary:

I am still having issues that I can’t resolve. I have Zigbee bulbs HE won’t control, Hue integration is extremely slow or non existent, and Z-wave devices that won’t respond to HE commands yet respond to Z-Wave PC Controller commands. :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow::face_with_monocle:

All of the problems are around HE. As I said earlier z-wave devices respond to PC Contoller instantly and Hue hub connected devices respond instantly. I will say Homebridge integration is responsive.

Any ideas???? My wife is ready to rip all automation out. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That's not good. Send us an email to support@hubitat.com or PM me your hub ID and will take a look at your hub's engineering log, if your hub is connected to the cloud.

I had the same problem with Hue. Just rebooted the Hue hub and all is well.