Power monitoring smart plug issues (Innr)

Where are you getting them at that price? It’s out of stock everywhere I know, and sale prices on Amazon/eBay start around $125-150. Like this one (entry level 2GB Pi4 - board alone):

Raspberry SC15184 Pi 4 Model B 2019 Quad Core 64 Bit WiFi Bluetooth (2GB) https://a.co/d/13Ab4aJ

I was just going off what I have seen on the forums and experienced in the past. I just didn't want you to think you were locked into use a Pi when there are plenty of alternate options nowadays. If you know how to use a Pi and can get one that will work for a good price, it might be your best option. The whole SD card thing is another often mentioned pitfall of the Pi.

1 Like

You're right, I didn't even realize something commodity would be out of stock and didn't pay attention to it.

At these prices I'll probably just wait till Q2 or try and find a salvage computer to use.

1 Like

If you look for used HP "ProDesk" computers, that's what I am using for my plex server, it works great. Plenty of CPU power for Plex streaming and some basic transcoding, and can fit a 2.5" SSD. Probably a bit over powered for just HA tasks.

There is also the "ODroid" devices, which I do not know much about but they are similar to the Pi.

1 Like

@user4071

I know a lot about these. They are very well made, run ARM64 versions of Debian or Ubuntu, and have better computational performance than an equivalent RPi (eg. compare Odroid N2 to RPi4). They are available in the US from ameridroid.com

I’ve only ever rebooted my Odroid N2 for a system update or power failure. The current uptime is in excess of 100 days. It’s running half-a-dozen NodeJS and Python servers to support my Hubitats.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.