Possible Way To See Zigbee Mesh?

I found an interesting pdf explaining zigbee orientation but more importantly I highlighted a couple of free software programs that the article says can be used to show your zigbee mesh.

Maybe worth trying? Looks like I can't insert a PDF so I will show the link to the page. Also the following text is a quote from the pdf about the zigbee software they mentioned.

"There are many free wireless network mapping software applications available, including “NetStumbler” and “Chanalyzer”. These tools provide a visual overview of the local wireless network, and indicate the number of wireless access points in the area as well as the amount of wireless network traffic on any given RF channel or frequency. This is the most basic information that you’ll need to optimize access point (AP) placement."

2 Likes

There is a lot of great information in that document. Sometimes I think too much troubleshooting emphasis is put on eliminating Wi-Fi coexistence issues when basic signal propagation problems and blockages are the root cause of problems. If you can take the Zigbee standards developers at their word, the protocol was designed to coexist in the Wi-Fi spectrum (which it can't properly do unless its signals can propagate in the first place).

Good article. There's of course a way to see your Zigbee mesh. The software is free, the tool is not.

Not only that, but the XBee makes one hell of a zigbee repeater. I have 16 devices connected through one XBee, all with 255LQI, it's so amazing.

1 Like