Possible to use device states as part of notification message?

I've read through this:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Notifications_App

There is no mention of this in that documentation but I hope that doesn't mean it's not possible.

I just got a new Z-wave smoke/CO2 detector and paired it to HE, I'd like to send notifications to report the "states" of the device.

The rule I set up

I get "null" for all three values, I was hoping I could get "clear/detected" and the battery level as part of the message,

is this possible? Or is this part of the process not aware of things like this?

result

Thanks in advance.

You have the notification part right, but %smoke% and %carbonmonoxide% are you you represent variables in RM. So, you need to add an action above your notification in your action to set those variables to something. First go into the local variables section of the rule and create the variables you need. Then, in the rule action, insert an action before the notification. You'll select "Set Mode or Variables" then "Set Variable". Then select the variable you want to set and then select "Device Attribute" and pick the device and attribute you want to use.

When naming your variable, leave off the % signs, as those are you get them to populate in the message but they don't have to be included in the name.

2 Likes

Thanks for the pointers! this works exactly how i want.

2 Likes

Are you using the ZCombo Zwave First Alert? I have one is why I ask.

I picked up this one:

2 Likes