Possible to have 2 dashboard apps installed?

I am currently using 2 hubs in 2 different properties. When using the dashboard app, I currently need to select the hub dashboard I want to display. I would like to know if it is possible to have two instances of the dashboard app installed so I can simply check the hubs alternatively without having to access the menu to select a hub. Thanks.

Sorry! I meant whether or not it was possible to have two instances of the iPhone Hubitat dashboard app installed simultaneously so it is not necessary to switch between hubs to check out their dashboards? It seems it is only possible to have one instance of the Hubitat app installed, correct? Thanks.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the answer is 'Yes'. Click on the Hubitat Dashboard (in the red box on my screenshot) and it will add a new dashboard. You can have many different dashboards. Then save or bookmark the link it gives you. Clicking the link will always take you to that dashboard. You can do this on both hubs, of course, with different links for each.

@giles What you want to do is create a site to site vpn between the two properties. Then install hub connect and share the devices to which ever hub you want your master to me. Then create a dashboard with those devices. That way you can switch back and forth within the menu in the app instead of switching hubs

@stevenkandres There are 2 different properties so he needs a vpn and hub connect

Okay, then I misread the questions. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry! I meant whether or not it was possible to have two instances of the iPhone Hubitat dashboard app installed simultaneously so it is not necessary to switch between hubs to check out their dashboards? It seems it is only possible to have one instance of the Hubitat app installed, correct? Thanks.

You don’t have to use the Hubitat mobile app (android or iOS) to access the Hubitat Dashboard for either property, and don’t have to use Hub Admin to access the Dashboards. Hub Admin allows you to administer the hubs (do updates, write rules, etc). Accessing Hubitat Dashboards from the WAN is free, does not require a VPN. Just copy the Dashboard WAN link while connected to the local network for that hub, make a browser bookmark or home page shortcut. That gives you full Dashboard access, no switching of hubs, just change browser tabs.

I only use the Hubitat mobile app once a month, if that often.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. Yes, I understand that I can create separate webpage shortcuts for each dash; but going back to my original question, does this mean it is not possible to have two instances of the Hubitat iOS app installed, one for each dashboard/hub? I'm guessing it is not, given your suggestion, but wanted to make sure in case I am missing something. Thanks.

Is it possible for any app to be installed as two instances on an iOS device? I have never seen that.

1 Like

I am not sure it is possible to install two of the same apps no matter if they are Hubitat or not.

I suppose if you could somehow sideload a second app or one that has been edited to be different than the original somehow (version number?) it could theoretically work. But with Apple's closed ecosystem, it will be pretty tough to accomplish this.

2 Likes

Beat me to it!

2 Likes

It sort of occurred to me, only way this might even be plausible is a jailbroken iOS device? :wink:

2 Likes

Right, I guess if you are managing multiple hubs it is required to manually switch between them when using the app to see their individual dashboards, so using bookmarked pages is the best way around this extra step.