Possible Route to Home Kit?

Where do you put polling seconds in the config.json

Maybe this will fix my issue of devices not responding.

In the next line following "access_token"

Example:
"access_token": value,
"polling_seconds": 10,
"update_method": "direct"

1 Like

be careful of the quotes. When I pasted directly, I got JSON errors. Make sure the quotes are just regular ordinary double quotes, not the fancy ones. That may be a Mac only “feature” to to allow fancy quotes in plain text.

Correct. I’m on a Mac. Sorry about that. I use Atom Text Edit on Mac to avoid that issue and flag me about errors in my config files.

Can’t correct it here unfortunately. When I try to paste standard quotes, it replaces them automagically when I save the post. :crazy_face:

Even if I remove formatting, and copy that, it puts fancy quotes right back in. :angry:

I think 706 broke the plug-in/app

When I now click to get the config.json configuration I am routed to cloud.hubitat.com where I receive “message: internal server error”

Still working here.

Working as in you can still see the config?

Yes

#crap. Okay so that’s quite weird. Are you routed to cloud.hubitat.com? I may have been in the past when playing with this but I don’t recall.

Yes. Followed by my api key. I had problems with the config showing when I first set it up. After I added the entries (even though they weren’t exactly right) into my config file, it started working. Might have been a coincidence, and that had nothing to do with it. Can not make it fail now though. Even if i remove the entries from my config file and save it, I’m still able to access them from the app in Hubitat.

Did your Homebridge integration stop working too?

Honestly, I blew up homebridge completely because I wanted to eliminate ST as well as some other plugins.

I setup homebridge from a clean slate and received the error when I tried to install the tones to plugin.

I will just try again.

Ah, OK. Maybe it is necessary to have something in there first then? Try this [see below], even though it’s wrong. Just replace the IP shown with your Hubitat, save it and start Homebridge. See if your config will then show up again from the app in Hubitat, allowing you to put in your correct info.

If your config shows, remember to click the back arrow after copying and click the Done button! I kept forgetting to do that in my late night, blurry-eyed state when testing Homebridge-Hubitat the first time, and the result was my api key never matched the app, so nothing worked.

{
“platform”: “Hubitat”,
“name”: “Hubitat”,
“app_url”: “http://192.168.1.100/api/92f88315-8a7a-4ae3-99cc-1c599bfda070/apps/174/”,
“access_token”: “c4642434-ad64-4ded-b8dd-5f3c58c4bb0d”,
“polling_seconds”: 10,
“update_method”: “direct”
“direct_ip”: “192.168.1.100”,
“direct_port”: 8000
},

Got it! Don’t know what happened but it works this morning. Maybe my internet and the coincidence of the update.

Thanks for sticking through the insanity!

1 Like

Anyone ever seen this message in the hombridge log related to hubitat?

That’s what I saw and then later discovered it was because my keys were wrong in the config.json

In my case it was because I was clicking on “View the configuration data for Homebridge”, copying the info, but then jumping over to Homebridge and pasting it in, without remembering to go back to Hubitat and click the back arrow, then Done

Setup an Apple TV 4 last night. Works perfectly to sync Hubitat virtual switches in Homebridge with Insteon devices exposed in HomeKit via the Insteon-Local Homebridge plugin. Insteon devices triggered via a Pico in Hubitat react almost instantly. Best of all, this is a completely local setup, that also allows remote access to Hubitat devices!

This is a nice option until direct Insteon integration is available.

1 Like

Could this mean the beginning of a HomeKit Integration without the need of HomeBridge?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidphelan/2018/03/31/the-one-thing-nobody-has-told-you-about-apple-ios-11-3-why-the-homekit-upgrade-is-a-game-changer/#3be5a2de64c4

Possibly for the masses.

What is very appealing about Homebridge for hobbyists like us is, integrations are ready quickly. Even if they’re not perfect, many of us don’t care. We just want them for certain purposes, and often the Homebridge plugin fits the bill perfectly. My Insteon integration is exactly that scenario. I can’t dim from Hubitat, but don’t use that functionality often enough from anywhere outside of one of the dimmer switches to care. The only thing I do wish I had was local integration of Insteon sensors with Homebridge.

Homebridge IS HomeKit for the impatient, as it was originally billed. Official HomeKit without the MFi chip is simply Apple getting with the program, and finally conceding that IoT integration requires compromise. Plus they want to sell more Homepods.

Ok. I give up. I keep getting this error when I attempt to start homebridge:

/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:122
      throw new Error("The requested platform '" + name + "' was not registered by any plugin.");
      ^

Error: The requested platform 'Hubitat' was not registered by any plugin.
    at API.platform (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/api.js:122:13)
    at Server._loadPlatforms (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:294:45)
    at Server.run (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:85:36)
    at module.exports (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:40:10)
    at Object.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
    at Module._compile (module.js:643:30)
    at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:654:10)
    at Module.load (module.js:556:32)
    at tryModuleLoad (module.js:499:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:491:3)

You are using @tonesto7's plugin, correct? Have you ever used Homebridge previously (e.g. with the old ST plugin) ? What platform are you running it on?

Also, if you can share your config.json file (obscure your private key), that would help us to assist you in debugging the issue.