!!IIgnore this post and see the second one!!
@bravenel I think there is a potential RM bug here - please see the following experience:
- I set up a new RM rule that has a certain time trigger that is also a local variable
- If the time set in that variable is for 10 min from now, then 10min from now the RM rule triggers as expected.
- However, if in between now and the variable time the hub reboots, then the RM rule will not trigger at the time specified in the variable
- Had I not used a time variable and just hardcoded the certain trigger time, then it works as you expect no matter how many times you reboot
Actually @bravenel I don't think the issue is the hub rebooting, but rather the day changing. Sorry for the confusion I'm trying to track down an issue with some Rules that I have - here are the full details:
- I had some rules that had schedules (certain times) that I wanted various actions to take place. They were working well for many weeks / months with no issues until now.
- Recently I changed the times from hard coded to local variables so that I could expose them on a dashboard so that home users who have no idea about what's actually gong on behind the scenes could change the timing of these actions if they wanted to.
- As soon as I did that they stopped triggering. My initial assumption was that it was because my hub reboots over night and that's why I wrote the first post. but after testing that theory I can see that the hub reboot has nothing to do with it.
- I think the issue just must be the day changing the day because all of these times are in the morning
- If I set up a similar rule right now to trigger in a short while.. it triggers no problem even with a local time variable as the trigger and even after a reboot
- However all of my previously working rules are no longer triggering with certain time variables as the trigger. The only thing that I can think is that there is an issue with the scheduling system when the day changes to 00:00 the next day and that rules with certain time triggers that are local time variables do not get scheduled correctly
I don't know about this. You will need to provide a lot more details, logs, App Status pages, etc. to document what is or is not happening.