Port closes and Hubitat Hub stop working until power cycle

This is to eliminate possible sources of problems. Still would need to know the answers to the questions asked earlier by both me and others. To help with troubleshooting we need to know more about your setup, which 3rd party Apps you run, 3rd party drivers, RM rules that may end up in infinite loops etc.

Do you have another router or network switch to connect the HE hub to? If so, please try that.

What type of devices do you use: ZWave, Zigbee, LAN/WiFi? To help, we all need more information.

Depending on the types of devices you use and the response to the above we can help giving you the next steps in your troubleshooting.

From the description of the problem so far, there is no way of knowing where the issue lays, you say network, that is hard to determine without knowing more about what you run in your network and how the hub is connected to it and to what hardware. Have you reserved an IP for the hub in the DHCP server of your router? If not, do so now.

EDIT: It would also help to know your own level of technical knowledge so that we can just skip elementary things for example. With the varied background of people using this platform it is hard to know at what level to put the answers.

1 Like

I used port 8081 a few weeks ago. I did a clean wipe and I just added my hue light bulbs. This was enough to cause the current jam. So, adding a single device will create these jams. I could go one device by one but I already know that the HE with Hue bridge ver 2 is enough to get it jammed.

Directly or through the Hue bridge using the built-in hue bridge integration?

Ok, then let's take this step by step, sorry to have to say this, I do not want to repeat myself. I don't want to be rude, but from this post onwards, if you want my help, answer any and all questions and make sure you follow. If that doesn't work for you, tell me now and you can wait for someone else.

Have you reserved an IP for the hub in the DHCP server of your router? If not, do so now and tell me if this was done before or if you just made this change.

It would also help to know your own level of technical knowledge so that we can just skip elementary things for example. With the varied background of people using this platform it is hard to know at what level to put the answers. At what technical level do you want me to put this?

2 Likes

Yes, I have tried with no devices. I tried with a single zigbee smartthing power outlet and it still jams. This is why I thought it was related to ports not being able to communicate or not having ISP static ip address.

Ok, sorry, I will let someone else help you since you don't want to answer what I do ask. I hope you find a solution.

6 Likes

I think this issue is beyond what the forum can do for you.

Have you contacted support? Email support@hubitat.com