Pool setup?

I do not own the device you're using.. all I can do is look at debug logs and make it better than it was. Right? Wrong? all the same to me :smiley:

For example: Blower On and Blower Off result in exactly the same values. That can't be right :smiley:

KeyId:0A
/WNewSt.htm
num: 0A

"My portion" was to fix up the code enough that you got results, can't tell you if the results are correct. :smiley:

1 Like

Completely understood and greatly appreciated.

In short, the webpage has buttons you press and the app is designed to mimic that. In truth, the functions are toggles, so yes, an on and an off result in the same command. The parse section gets the feedback from the controller and turns the functions on and off based on the coded feedback. I'm amazed you were able to help as much as you did without one!

@csteele, hoping you've got a few minutes to take a look as I've made progress, but recently hit a wall. The child switches are fully functional and are activating the controller. When the controller responds (either by child activation or external activation), I want to pass that status on to the child switch, but can't find code as an example i understand to mimic to update the child status.

Code snippet:
def children = childDevices
def childDevice = children.find{it.device.label.endsWith("Lights")}
if(childDevice) {
log.info "Updating ${childDevice} switch to On"
child.sendEvent(name: "switch", value: "on", isStateChange: true)
}

yields log error:
dev:5842020-11-03 12:33:16.316 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object on line 444 (parse)

dev:5842020-11-03 12:33:16.265 pm infoUpdating Pool Lights switch to On

This error is vexxing because the prior log entry shows there is data. I'm just not sure how else to sync switch status to the child switch when acted upon externally.

I have a few other gremlins (scheduler / runevery5seconds) failing, but i can get around this with webcore as an updater, etc.

code repo: GitHub - jjhall99/Hubitat

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can provide!

I discarded all my setup for testing.. I'll recreate it but let me understand.. I offered advice on Child --> Parent and this is a Parent --> Child question, right?

Completely understood and absolutely understand if you feel it better suited to be posted elsewhere. In short, yes this is a Parent feeding data to child question.

Kind of late joining the discussion here but just pulled the trigger on a new pool for next summer. Right now the system I’m going with is the OmniHub setup to control the pool pump, gas heater, and pool lights. It would be super cool if there was an integration that works somehow with Hubitat. They told me it works with Alexa etc and also Control4 so it would seem they are open to folks integrating with their API (not sure if it’s going to be an open API option though per my reading).

Is there any progress on this or a light at the end of the tunnel? If not, if there an options that folks know of with IFFT or some way to trigger Alexa actions through Hubitat? Obviously prefer a “native integration” but open to ideas at this point.

Also - I am not locked into Hayward stuff ... if there’s an existing or fairly easy integration with another pool pump/heater/lights option I’ll consider it too ...

thanks!

I've built parent and child devices for my set-up. leverages the local AQ-CO-Homenet as a receiver for network calls from HE. it's rough around the edges and might require customization for your use, but suits my needs. with rules engine, notifications and webcore, the filter now turns on 8 hours before sunset, off at sunset when the lights turn on and then off when i hit a button to go to bed. feel free to take a gander if it fits your need:

GitHub - jjhall99/Hubitat

please bear in mind that i'm happy to answer questions and help where i can, but my expertise is limited as I mutated an existing device handler in smartthings to fit my needs there and here.

Five years ago I upgraded my old Hayward unit by replacing the board with their iAqualink board that fits in the existing metal box. Last year Hayward added the ability to run controls with Alexa. I created virtual switches in HE to run iAqualink commands using routines in Alexa. It was very easy to setup. I also can control pumps and lights by voice with hidden Alexa units under outdoor fake rocks. I plan to add some Flic buttons near the Spa and bar area to run the heater, lights, and spa pumps in lieu of voice. I look forward to the day HE works with Actiontiles so I can use my wall mounted indoor and outdoor tablets to control the pool like I had set up with Smartthings.

1 Like