Please Help Me Convert a Rule to 4.0

Since I am having to move to DarkSky for my outside temperature, I have to re-do this rule and I am stumped. Can anyone point me in the right direction? This rule is to trigger the water to my humistat. Thank you..

( ( Temperature of Weatherman > -10.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 0.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 20 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 25 ) )
OR
( ( Temperature of Weatherman > 0.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 10.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 25 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 30 ) )

OR

( ( Temperature of Weatherman > 10.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 20.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 30 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 35 ) )
OR
( ( Temperature of Weatherman > 20.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 30.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 35 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 40 ) )

OR

( ( Temperature of Weatherman > 30.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 40.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 40 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 45 ) )
OR
( ( Temperature of Weatherman > 40.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 50.0 ) AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom> 45 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 50 ) )

Have you set a trigger?
Also, why are you not using Darksky anymore.

1 Like

Thank you for looking at this... What is listed was my rule for the old API and I misstated where I was changing from... I am go to DarkSky and that is why I have to convert the old rule. This attempt at any 4.0 rule. So the target would be the later valve to the humidistat?

Thanks again for helping.

No problem we have all been there. :smile:
Have you resolved the issue?
If not and there is still an issue can I ask that you post a screenshot of your rule so that the boffins on here can better advise on what might be your issue.
Cheers. :slight_smile:

As mentioned above, a screenshot of your original rule might be helpful. I'm guessing that what you have above are your conditions, but it's not clear to me. In general, I might suggest a rule like:

Triggers: Temperature of Weatherman *changes* OR Humidity Master Bedroom *changes*

Actions:

IF (Temperature of Weatherman > -10.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 0.0 AND ( Humidity Master Bedroom > 20 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 25) THEN
 // do something
ELSE-IF (Temperature of Weatherman > 0.0 AND Temperature of Weatherman <= 10.0 AND Humidity Master Bedroom > 25 AND Humidity Master Bedroom<= 30) THEN
 // do something
ELSE-IF // more conditions here etc.
  // do something
END-IF

I'm not clear which of your conditions above are actually grouped together (I assume the extra line breaks are not significant?) and I only showed a couple examples, but that's the general pattern I'd use. Hopefully this general pattern of what you could do in 4.0 is helpful.

You should also just be able to edit your 2.5/3.0 rule, but learning 4.0 is certainly good, and starting over might be just as easy if you have a lot of devices to change. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is all I have... when Wetherman was removed it destroyed what the old query looked like...

Is there a way to revert back to a older version and forget about the 4.0 rules which seem to me to be a step backwards?

Feeling very frustrated right now....

( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > -10.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 0.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 20 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 25 ) ) OR ( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > 0.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 10.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 25 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 30 ) ) OR ( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > 10.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 20.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 30 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 35 ) ) OR ( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > 20.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 30.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 35 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 40 ) ) OR ( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > 30.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 40.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 40 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 45 ) ) OR ( ( Temperature of DarkSky Weather > 40.0 AND Temperature of DarkSky Weather <= 50.0 ) AND ( Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 > 45 AND Humidity of Master Bedroom Aeon Multisensor 6 <= 50 ) )

Is that supposed to be a 4.0 rule? A screenshot would be helpful. I can't tell where you would have something like that.

You can go back to a version that had 3.0 and create a "clone master" (and then upgrade), but you'd have to still have one of those firmware versions available, and since 3.0 won't be getting any feature updates, I'd probably just learn 4.0. I'm still not clear on what you've tried and what you want to do or what the problem with the proposed rule on 4.0 was (all you need to do are put in triggers and actions after you named the rule; those are what I provided).

Also, since you're apparently familiar with earlier versions, I'd suggest reading the documentation for 4.0, which explains the changes and how to convert various types of rules: [Released] Rule 4.0