Platform Update 2.3.4.133

A full reset?

That option was removed a while back, so the issue is likely that you have an out of date version of the Diagnostic Tool. Which is probably interfering with a platform update.

The current tool version is 1.1.110

Update the Diagnostic Tool using this URL:

http://your.hubs.ip.here/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool

Then perform a platform update.

3 Likes

After what he said you may also need to do a Soft Reset from the updated Diagnostic Tool.

2 Likes

Hummm, when I try to do the update I get:

{"success":true,"message":"No Update for Diagnostic Tool Available."}

But I have version 1.0.92.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 192719

@support_team
I maybe vaguely remember this possibility where it gets stuck. Someone one from Staff might know another trick.

2 Likes

Can you go to Settings -> Network Setup and run all the diagnostic network tests available there?

I’m wondering if DNS resolution is failing. I’m particularly interested in seeing the results from the SpeedTest.

3 Likes

I don't have a Network Setup option. When I go into Networking it just gives the option to set a static IP, use DHCP, install WIFI Drivers and setup wireless.

Reset your hub network settings to use DHCP then go back and use that link again to update the diagnostic tool. After that run the platform update

Yeah, you do ... see the screen shots below:

2 Likes

Could you please try the following steps:

1. go to current Diagnostic Tool and select Restore Previous Version then select 2.3.4.133
  2. once the hub is online, if you continue to have problems then follow the steps in this post:
2 Likes

They may not if the firmware update is not completing, could be a very old firmware they are stuck on.

1 Like

Good point!

Here is what my settings look like.

1 Like

Do what was mentioned above to reset it back to DHCP to be sure you have a proper DNS and it can resolve host names. Its in the Networking options, should be a button to "Switch to DHCP" or something of that nature. Its been a while since I have seen that screen.

Reset your hub network settings to use DHCP then go back and use that link again to update the diagnostic tool. After that run the platform update

*Also read the info from Bobby up above, he is Staff support. Sorry we are throwing a lot of things at you all at once!

2 Likes

@jtp10181 was on the mark - your platform version is very old. I'm still of the opinion that your hub isn't resolving names - do you have any router restrictions? Or have you setup a static IP for the hub without configuring DNS servers?

Why would I not have any issues with other devices if it was a DNS issue? It's talking outside my network or else I wouldn't get the notifications that there is a update available.

Thanks bobby, I've tried updating to 2.3.4.133 several times and keep getting the "error 500" message so i roll it back. Currently when trying to update the diagnostic tool I get "{"success":true,"message":"No Update for Diagnostic Tool Available."}" are you saying that if I update to 2.3.4.133 I should be able to update the diagnostic tool even if I get the "error 500" message, and not get the "{"success":true,"message":"No Update for Diagnostic Tool Available."}" error?

Do you have any vlan's setup? I'm with @aaiyar that this is likely a network issue. Lets start with the basics. Press the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds with a toothpick or paperclip. After the hub comes back up go to http://192.168.2.122/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool again and wait. After it's done, reboot the hub and then try the platform update again.

2 Likes

Can you PM me the hub id? I'll take a look at the engineering logs.
And yes, the version is quite a few versions back.

Thank you all!!! With work and persistence comes success. To recap what I did.

1. Updated to new version (still got error 500 message)
  2. Ran the Diagnostic Tool Update via link (it ran w/new software version)
  3. Logged into diagnostic tool and did a soft restart.
  4. After about 2 minutes back up and running!
8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.