Platform 2.2.0.122 FAST!

GPS told them to turn left in 1.4...(didn't hear units, Miles, Meters?)

3 Likes

hehehe

1 Like

Free markets are like this. If there was a financial gain by formatting or measuring with one system over another we would use it. The truth of the matter is pretty obvious, it's just not that important to the majority of people. That's my observation.

It is if you are stuck waiting for an event in your diary on the 12th day of the 15th month. Or an event on the 5th October which actually happened on the 10th May.

1 Like

Yeah, but for the people in the US that isn't an actual problem, as our dates are all written one way...

It is only really a problem for non-Americans, which is why most Americans don't care. The vast majority of Americans never even leave the country in their entire life, at least not outside of Canada or Mexico.

No, not for me. I notice no difference in speed.

Me neither :slight_smile:

I've been running 2.2.0.122 for almost 72 hours now and, fingers crossed, my hub hasn't slowed to a crawl yet. Usually starts to be slow to respond after 48-72 hours so we'll see how long it can go now.

I'm not sure there were really any changes/fixes to slowdown causes in 2.2.0, so I'm not sure I would expect a fix if you were having slowdowns before.

That said, they are always tweaking/changing things in the code that don't make the release notes.... So, maybe! :slight_smile:

That rings a bell. Like all the people in the company I work for in "global" positions, who are almost always based in the USA, most of whom have rarely travelled abroad and certainly very rarely lived abroad. Makes me laugh.

1 Like

Yeah it's kind of sad.. but to be fair there are not a lot of countries nearby for the majority of Americans to travel to and travel is expensive (and "scary" for the uninformed) so it's somewhat understandable.

2 Likes

Depending on what state you're traveling to that's almost like another country...sometimes... :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Travel is overrated anyway... I've been to 30+ countries between personal and work travel, and while it is interesting to see the differences, I can't say that I'm "more enlightened" or more "well rounded" for having done it.

The vast majority of places are basically the same as the one you came from, just different paint job. People are people.

3 Likes

Go back a hundred years and you could say that about anywhere. But still the British went exploring :wink:

So how does this apply to the latest release and speed?

To be fair I commented on the OP topic a few posts above. So I met my minimum obligation and am now back to off topic. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Living abroad (particularly in Asia) was the best decision I ever made. It's been a fascinating and truly enriching experience. So I disagree. But I do agree that fundamentally "people are people".

2 Likes

Fair enough. My wife tells me I'm just old, grumpy, and jaded anyway. So my opinion may not represent the average person. lol

3 Likes

Your's too huh? :slight_smile: well I've traveled and lived in lots of places and I agree with you. Once the "new" wears off it's all the same.

Then I suspect you've never lived in Thailand :wink:

1 Like

Nope. Do the people, culture, cities rearrange and change every week? If not then after a while it's all the same.