Platform 2.2.0.122 FAST!

Today (4/26/20) I finally upgraded to 2.2.0.122. I had read that the program seemed faster to some users. I have no way of measuring it, but it is definitely faster and a real pleasure to use. Used to be when I finished editing a lengthy rule and clicked DONE it might take 40 or more seconds to get back to the list of rules. Now it's like 8 seconds! Thanks so much for this speed improvement.

5 Likes

4/26/2020 :grinning:

4 Likes

Senior moment.....lol

4 Likes

26/4/2020
:sunglasses:

16 Likes

I really dislike the Canadian way of formatting dates. Very confusing when looking a prior dates and trying to figure out when that was (i.e. 12/4/2019).

Would be fine if Canadians would stick to just one system, but they don't. So you never know if you're looking at a US formatted date or a Canadian formatted date.

5 Likes

Yes. Previously editing long rules in RM I would see a slow down in operations as the rule got bigger. I was just thinking about posting about this today. It seems to stay at a consistent speed now. It’s very nice.

2020.04.26 :wink:

Damn Canadians !!

4 Likes

Day/Month/Year.
Very logical. :+1:

17 Likes

I didn't know the Canadians had a "way".
I thought it was the World versus the U.S.A.

7 Likes

Yes, that is really the only acceptable date format to me... ISO 8601... I do lots of work with dated file names, and this is the only format that properly sorts them by name!

5 Likes

Yes! Exactly!

Nah, the American way is succinct. :wink:

Americans

Q: What’s today?

A: April 27, 2020

vs everyone else

Q: What’s today?

A: The twenty-seventh of April, 2020

4 Likes

They can say 27 April just like we say April 27. That isn't a fault of the order of variables.

3 Likes

Ok... let's be honest here guys...
Ever heard of GMT?

It's the international standard
GMT = Greenwich Mean Time - i.e it's in Greenwich in England (part of the United Kingdom)

In the UK we use 27th of April 2020
or 27/04/2020 or 27.04.2020
Notice a pattern here?

DATE MONTH YEAR

This is the ONLY way to write the date correctly.

OK.. sermon over.. :slight_smile:

Andy

9 Likes

No it isn't. That's the only correct way to write it in the UK.

And for the record, go over to Greenwich and see the documents from a few hundred years ago. I did a few months ago, and they are NOT all in day month year format. Most are, but not all.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

But I'm English.. we set the correct standard for the world
(even though half of you'all don't know your left from your right when it comes to driving cars) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Bah. There are more non-British English speakers than British English speakers. Majority rules. Lol

Hahaha!
Nope.. you got it all wrong..
That just means there are more people who get it wrong than get it right :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All smart arse comments aside, I do wish the US would format dates in y-m-d, or d-m-y....

m-d-y is kind of dumb, in my opinion.

7 Likes

In all seriousness, I agree
It seems very strange to format it the way the US does

3 Likes

About as perplexing as being one of the last countries sticking with English measurements...

But we don't like change, even if it is for the better.

And we sure as hell don't like the government telling us what to do. Like using certain measurement units... LOL. Even if the new ones are better...