Pico automations triggered immed., switches/dimmers have delay?

I'm experiencing a repeatable 3 second delay between the time I physically press a Caseta switch or dimmer (on/off) and the event being sent by the Smart Bridge Pro 2 to C7.

This is NOT an issue when pressing a paired Pico switch. That is near immediate. This issue is present on two separate switch+pico and dimmer+pico "circuits".

Any similar experience? Most of the threads here are about PICO delays, not from the physical switch.

Log of course doesn't reflect the delay after button press, but here's the log. As expected HE responds very quickly once it's notified from SmartBridge.

Interestingly the switch button press takes a little longer to process in this example, but I haven't run this repeatedly to get good averages.

The Lutron physical dimmers will only report their change in status once they complete ramping up or down. This is typically the cause of the behavior you're experiencing.

Yes I've seen this mentioned. It doesn't make sense that this behavior a)isn't present when commanding from the Pico and b)is originating from a switch and not dimmer (that said you can see the Telnet command is 0/100)

Something changed on the Lutron side? This used to be a bigger issue with the pico remotes. It's near instant output from the Smart ridge for me with picos.

Let's make sure I understand the exact scenario... You are physically pushing the button on the Lutron "Switch" device, with not other automations running that would affect the Lutron Clear Connect RF network, and still see a 2-3 second delay before Hubitat shows the switch device in (i.e. Current States section the device details page) as having changed from off to on?

If so, that is odd for a switch device. A dimmer, sure... but not a switch. I am away from the house right now so no way for me to test this.

Now... If you have a Pico remote that is only paired to Hubitat (i.e. no direct pairing with a Lutron switch), and then you use a Hubitat App (e.g. Rule Machine) to turn on/off the switch based on the Pico, then I would expect to see about a 1-2 second delay in the switch actually turning on/off. This is due to the fact that the Pico remote essentially 'hogs' the Clear Connect RF spectrum for about a second after you release the button. Even though Hubitat sends the Telnet command to the SmartBridge to turn the light on/off, the SmartBridge has to wait for the Pico to stop broadcasting before it can send the switch a signal.

That's correct - this delay is seen when physically pressing a Caseta dimmer or switch, not a pico.

The setup is: Lutron Sw/Dimmer->Lutron Hub->HE->Kasa Plug (intent was to turn on plugs which are used as lamps/shop lights when the main Lutron lights are turned on).

To be clear the Lutron devices I have added to HE are indeed the physical switch and dimmer (neither pico's added to HE).

I've verified the garage switch is defined as Ra2S (vs Ra2D)

Thanks for your response.