Philips WIZ Bulbs

I bought 1 of these at Home Depot. It was Philips but broke from the Hue requirement and I thought at 12.97, well I thought I'd try one. When I connected it it was flawless and simple to connect. When I used the app it was intuitive and very quickly I was enjoying the bulb abd the app. I went back and put 4 in my Home Theater room. My main lighting that is smart is on HE and any lighting I rely more on that is smart will most likely go on the HE. These WiZ bulbs are for atmosphere and entertainment value not primary lighting.
In my rectangular shaped room there are 4 sconces on the wall. Those had weakish LED bulbs that sucked and were not really used. I always wanted to put smart color bulbs in that location but price and priority. The WiZ bulbs in these Sconces are incredible. The app is very easy and straight forward with room to grow. With the existing presets I put together all kinds of lighting and quick like into a variety of scenes. WhiteLeft WhiteRight JungleFlames JungleInversion PurpleSlider IntrigueMent
Those are some of my scene names. The feeling in the room switching scenes is very nice. The controls and app work very well. Yes it is cloud based but it is not primary lighting. Where HE could shine is to extend the existing app by scene control, or a specific scene for a specific alarm or notification within HE. I had Alexa setup in minutes and just started saying turn on JungleInversion. It worked. If HE could automate calling up scenes, random scene actions, alarm or notification turning on a scene or light yea..............

I don't see why it already can't. (Or if what I just said is legitimate English.) You can create scenes in Hubitat and activate them by pretty much anything, including the nearly unlimited potential of Rule Machine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.