Philips Hue Smart Plug as Repeater

Does the Philips Hue Smart Plug work as a repeater (for the Hue network) when paired to the Hue hub?

Is there any document showing this to be the case?

Yes, I have done this, and it works great !

I have 5 outdoor Gledopto RGBW floodlights in my backyard. I had constant issues with them falling off my HUE network, it seems they are not good at repeating and they could not all reach the HUE, so I added the Hue Smart Plug in a watertight box approximately in the middle of the floodlights and now I can easily communicate with them and have no issues.

I can therefore only conclude that the HUE smart plugs works well as a repeater, but I have no diagnostic data to prove it.

1 Like

You can try looking at this for Zigbee route.
http://ip/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Looks like the smart plug is being used as a repeater on the Hue zigbee network (not Hubitat).

2 Likes

Wondering if anyone that has the hue plug paired to HE has any issues with it repeating signals? I have a spare hue plug paired with HE but a day later the devices close to it start dropping off the mesh. Removed the plug and everything is working fine again. Makes me wonder if I should just leave it on the hue hub.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.