Philips Hue Lamp won't change colors with actions

Joined light directly to hubitat hub. No Philips hue hub. Light joined and it works well under devices. I can select on / off, brightness, and color. All works. Now if I create a rule to change colors it ignores the colors and uses the last color the light used when it was on. I have tried custom colors and prefixed colors. Same issue. Also cannot get it to flash the light. Any idea of how to make work? I would like to utilize it to change colors and come on for different actions.

See rule

I might be wrong, but i thought you had to create scenes and then use the scenes for setting up those types of actions with Hue bulbs...

These should work without scenes. If the "Set Color" command on the device page works, this rule should too--that's what these rule actions should call. (Not sure if you tested that command specifically, but if it's an RGBW bulb and the rest work, I don't know why it wouldn't.) If it didn't pair with the correct driver and you had to switch, you could try running the "Configure" command on the device page (or maybe just trying it anyway). I suppose it's also worth asking what kind of bulb this is and what driver you are using. If it's a Hue White and Color Ambiance bulb, the "Generic Zigbee RGBW Light" or "Advanced Zigbee RGBW Bulb" drivers should both work, though you may prefer one over the other.

For "flash," if you mean the "Flash" action in Rule Machine, that depends on the bulb implementing a flash() command, which not all drivers do. Check the device page; if you don't see it, it won't work. But a rule like the one you've written should create the same effect if that's what you're going for. I've personally had bad luck sending commands to Zigbee bulbs "too fast" in a row on Hubitat, however, so I can't say that would have worked reliably for me. I tried a setup like this once but ended up moving all my bulbs back to the Hue Bridge, where they were more reliable for me. YMMV--but I'd still caution against mixing bulbs and non-bulbs (motion sensors, etc.) on the same hub/network given the behavior many Zigbee bulbs, Hue included, exhibit as poor "repeaters"/routers for non-bulb devices...but that wouldn't explain this problem. :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. Right now I am utilizing the Generic Zivbee RGBW light driver. I will switch it to advanced to see if that resolves the issue.

I haven't had any issues with the Zigbee network and this bulb as of yet. It seems to run pretty solid. The rules work as they should but it won't adjust color within the action as you see.