Philips Hue Go White and Color Portable Dimmable LED directly paired with Hubitat?

Has anybody successfully used a Philips Hue Go White and Color Portable Dimmable LED paired directly with Hubitat? Any issues? I have many RGBW zigbee lights (on their own hub) but I don't currently have any Phillips Hue lights. I have a specific use for this one device and may not be expanding deep into the Phillips Hue line so I didn't want to purchase a Phillips Hue Hub unless I had to.

The problem that I have seen reported with pairing Hue lights directly with Hubitat is that they will try to act as repeaters, but apparently they are terrible repeaters, so they create issues on the Zigbee mesh…

1 Like

I do have Hue Go's paired to my C-7 which is dedicated to lighting, and @Sebastien is right, they are picked up as repeaters. It hasn't been a problem in my setup that I have noticed, so maybe something to keep in mind...

Mine are plugged in to the power 99.99% of the time, so can't talk to how they perform when running off battery for any length of time.

Simon

1 Like

Thanks for the info... I "may" bite the bullet and get one to try. I would hate to add a Hue hub mainly due to cost but also it would be another integration especially since I wouldn't have many devices on it. I have all of my zigbee RGBW devices on a separate hub/mesh. Hopefully it wouldn't cause me too much grief. I guess I won't know until I try it. Thanks again for the advice.

2 Likes

Thanks I think that I will get one and try it. Worse case is that I have to get a Hue hub (and another integration) to make it behave.

1 Like

Ive paid it using the advanced rgbw driver, Has anyone got the built in modes to work in a driver (you can short press the button on the rear to activate?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.