Philips Hue Bridge and ERIA

Anyone tried to use this bulb with the Hue Bridge? It says it will pair with it. I wonder if it would be a good mesh repeater or not.

https://www.amazon.com/ERIA-Tunable-Equivalent-Dimmable-Assistant/dp/B07HJZZRFJ/ref=sr_1_84?keywords=zigbee+bulbs&qid=1555609242&s=gateway&sr=8-84

As long as the bulb supports the ZLL profile, it should be fine. However, as a mesh repeater, it will only repeat for devices on the Hue bridge (and that's only if it fully supports the ZLL profile) and not HE devices.

I checked and it does indeed support the ZLL profile.

So it would not be a repeater for any other zigbee devices unless they are on the hue bridge? Bummer.

Interesting find. $1 less than the Trådfri tunable white bulbs. You guys in the US get a good price on the Trådfri "full spectrum" bulbs. Just $19.99!

1 Like

The color bulb is pretty cheap also at $28. It does color and white.

Bulbs are terrible repeaters for anything but other bulbs (I guess on a Hue Bridge maybe the motion sensor or the dimmers would work OK :man_shrugging:). All compatible Zigbee LL bulbs on the Hue Bridge (or another HE hub) and everything else on the main HE hub is the most stable Zigbee network.

I wonder how it's greens are? The Trådfri really do not do them well.

I have several of these bulbs on my Hue Bridge and they look and work great. Hue bulb mesh has been fine. The only downside is that (like all non-Hue bulbs) they will not appear in Homekit. (Not a big issue if you use HE with homebridge.)

1 Like

I'm going to assume non-upgradeable too? At least with the Trådfri, you can get your hands on a bridge to upgrade them if needed for a security flaw or performance improvement.

Correct-there is not likely to be an upgrade path via Hue. Although, like other manufacturers, AduroSmart does have their own bridge (~$35 US). I've not purchased it, so I can't say if they provide periodic firmware updates.

1 Like

Anyone know if the Hue Tap will work with HE?

nope, if it did it would be in the official supported devices list

1 Like

OK, thanks. Any chance it is on a list to do?

It isn't, these are green power profile devices, there's too much work needed on the back end to support these, not a priority right now.

Ok, thanks Mike.

@davidscottjackson I have tried to get the ERIA color bulb to pair with the hue bridge but it does not find it. I have reset it several times per the manual but still no go. How did you get them to pair? thanks

EDIT: It appears that if you don't have the white bulbs in there first the hue app won't see the color bulb. So I put in the 2 adj. white ERIA bulbs and after they were in I tried the color bulb again and it popped right in. Go Figure!

Glad you got them to work. I paired them by doing a bulb reset, followed by turning them off. I next started the pairing mode in the Hue app and then turned the light on.

Try to switch the bulb on/off for 5 times (bulb reset) after the bulb will go into pairing mode, tap on search in your app and the bulb should show up

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.