Pet friendly Motion Sensor

I'll be moving house soon and want to build my own burglar Alarm from scratch.
Door and window sensors are not a problem, lots to chose from but can anyone recommend a pet friendly motion sensor. Wanting something that our cocker spaniel won't trigger. Also any recommendations for an outdoor siren.
Thanks

Similar recent conversation, where I describe my positive experience with Bosch ISW-ZDL1-WP11G, two cats, and a 90-lb dog.

Thanks I'll take a look at them.
Are the ring motion sensors pet friendly, does the HE driver have sensitivity control settings?

I have a Ring Motion sensor (with Ring) and haven’t had it detect any pets. Never tried it directly with Hubitat though - I use the Ring Integration to get the motion events directly from Ring to my Hubitat Hub. It has worked great for me, but since it isn’t an official integration, there is always a risk that it will someday stop working.

I think I'll give Ring a try as they seem to have built in drivers in HE. Has anyone any experience of using the Ring burglar Alarm kit directly integrated into HE? Just looking at using the motion sensors, maybe some contact sensors, keypad and outdoor siren.

A quick tangent just so no other readers get confused, the referenced Bosch sensor is also on the List of Compatible Devices and has a built-in driver on HE.

Some motion sensors are sold as pet-friendly. If you have a big dog, that might be a problem. Small dogs, cats, etc. should be easier to deal with. If you get a motion sensor with adjustable sensitivity, that will make life easier.

Motion sensor placement and aim is also critical. If you place a sensor 7 ft off the floor aimed horizontally, the pet will likely pass unnoticed. I have a Hue sensor in my bathroom set about chest level. When my cat enters the bathroom to get a drink of water, the light turns on .

1 Like