Persistent red LED

I have the same problem now which started today. The RED LED stays on and I do not see the hub with an IP address on my router. I tried unplugging it for 30 seconds but after restart still has red LED. What should I try next?

Do you mind sharing what model of hub do you have? I have seen a few C4 hubs going bad over the years, but never seen a C5 or a C7 to exhibit this issue. Not saying is not possible that your hub is the first incident of this kind.

1 Like

Have you tried a different power supply?

Its a C5 hub.

Huh - that’s unusual. Either the eMMC has died, or the PS is bad.

1 Like

Do you have Hub Protect by any chance? It sounds like you are dealing with a hardware malfunction.

1 Like

Tried new power supply, same issue

Yes, I have Hub Protect subscription

2 Likes

Winner winner! You get a new hub!

3 Likes

What is the process to get the replacement?

1 Like

If you didn't do so already, please create a case by visiting the following page:

1 Like

I tried to submit a ticket but it says the MAC address is incorrect. I checked it and it is correct. How do I submit a ticket?

Looks like you have a C4 hub, not C5. I have your details. Check your private message I sent you.

1 Like

Morning, I checked your hub and it appears that the problem is the led itself. The hub is online and working as expected. We have had a few C4 hubs that blue LED went bad, and that looks to be your case as well.

2 Likes

Since your hub is actually online, once you get to it I would do a soft reset. With all the unplugging power to your hub that you did you may have a slightly corrupt database. Downloading a current version and doing a softreset while uploading the current version back will clean it.

1 Like

OK, will do. I also changed out my power supply so maybe that also helped.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.