Perplexed, what am I missing on this one?

I've got a rule to send pushover notifications to a tablet to have tasker execute some actions but I can't for the life of me get why the actions to disarm (lower half) are being skipped in this rule (as verified in logs)

The way it's written...your first IF statement is a gate to the rest of the rule. If that IF statement evaluates as false, then everything below it is skipped.

You need an END-IF instead of ELSE.

IF(UNLOCKED and MODES) THEN
	Notify
	Delay
	IF(UNLOCKED and MODES) THEN
		Notify
	END-IF
END-IF
IF(LOCKED and MODES) THEN
	Notify
	Delay
	IF(LOCKED and MODES) THEN
		Notify
	END-IF
END-IF
2 Likes

Right off the bat, in looking at the IF-THEN nesting, I don't see END-IF's for the outermost conditionals, thus I fear that something(s) has been left open-ended. Will scrutinize further when time permits (sorry for the terse reply).

1 Like

You guys are the best! I am no programmer and so thought the End-If was only for the final piece of the rule to close it out, didn't understand it was supposed to be after each beginning IF( statement, though on hindsight this seems obvious, lol.

MUCH Thanks!! Now for me to go in and fix all the other rules I have :nerd_face:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.