Periodic schedule not working

On C7 latest release 2.3.3.121.
done soft reset. Old rules are failing to load
Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'int'. Try 'java.lang.Integer' instead

This is the old rules.
On day 1 of each of these months: May,June,July,August: At 12:00
On day 15 of each of these months: May,June,July,August: At 12:00

So i deleted the rule and did soft reset. Now I can't define a new rule like the above.
As far as I can tell only effecting Periodic Schedule rules.

more info. I'm migrating C5 to C7 and I still have access to the C5.
On the C5 rel 2.3.2.141 the rule loads ok. I just upgraded it to rel 2.3.3.121 and now the same rule fails to load.

1 Like

Hi @bravenel. I’d add to the list a bug with screen reader mode not properly announcing checkboxes and their status in the new tables interface. I hope you can get to it soon. Thanks.

1 Like

I was afraid that might happen. We will have to dig into this.

Still failing on rel 2.3.3.122.

I'm sorry, but I don't really know what you're talking about and what exactly is failing.

Please post screenshots of the rule in question, its logs for Events and Triggers, and the Scheduled Jobs from its App Status page (gear icon).

1 Like

Exactly as previous pasted. Periodic rules. The release notes suggested there was a fix. Maybe I am reading the release notes incorrectly.

There was a fix for a particular issue having to do with Periodic Schedules being cancelled is some specific circumstances.

I'm sorry, but without screenshots as requested, I can't help you.

2 Likes

I try to create a new rule(5.1) and get this
*Unexpected Error
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'int'. Try 'java.lang.Integer' instead

log entry as follows:
org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object 'null' with class 'null' to class 'int'. Try 'java.lang.Integer' instead on line 1547 (method mainPage)

The new rule is for 1st on month for may, june,july,aug at 12:00. I don't get any further. It's for a Periodic Schedule.

OK, sorry for the hassle. Found this bug, and the fix will be in the next release.

2 Likes

Thanks. Rel 2.3.3.123 looks to have fixed it!

@bravenel
Using a variable in the periodic cron trigger is broken once again. Specifically when the cron variable is updated, the trigger remains the same as previously scheduled. Attached test cron app and log reflects the error when changing from a 5 minute timer to 1 minute timer, the trigger remains at 5 minutes. This was fixed previously in 2.3.2, I noted it in the .122 release and verified it as per the attached in the latest .123 release. Thanks!

1 Like

OK, I guess the other 'fix' broke this. It didn't take into account variables in cron strings. I'll see about getting that fixed.

2 Likes

Fix for this released: Release 2.3.3 Available - #6 by bravenel

Good idea to open rule and hit Update or Done.

1 Like

Thanks - works great! By the way, love the new RM App and log interfaces.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.