Peanut Plugs not working following 2.2.8.136 upgrade

There are many plugs that are small enough to occupy only one space in an outlet. The Peanut plugs just do not happen to be one of them.

2 Likes

I have a lot of Peanut outlets... a lot... in a box. They were great on ST but on Hubitat... not so much. They did the hoppy routing can't make up their mind thing. I got one out and tried this "Generic Zigbee Switch" idea of yours. It's been sitting there stable for 2 days. I'm suspicious... I will watch it. Cautiously optimistic though.

1 Like

I have never checked the routing table as all my devices are working and have always worked without issue, whatever is happening on the routing table is irrelevant to me as even if something 'abnormal' is happening over there, it doesn't cause me any problems therefore I don't fix what's not broken.

2 Likes

That's a very good point.. If your system is doing what you need it to with no issues then there is no reason to get rid of them - regardless of hoppiness.. :rabbit2:

I gave mine away during an earlier period of system and firmware instability - was never sure the plugs were part of the cause or not. Note: I even upgraded the plugs to the latest firmware using a faked almond clone..

Since I provide HA consulting, installation and support I prefer a baseline of known working devices. The peanuts, while decently priced are still a bit suspect given the fair amount of posts on this site. I usually recommend others like Centralite or Innr etc.

2 Likes

Exact same here. I had dropouts, and many other Zigbee issues that stopped almost immediately after removing them. I too updated them (mostly for power reporting) with that fake Almond.

But I don't know how to prove they were the issue VS say bad Zigbee firmware in the hub. Other than I have had zero issues since.

1 Like

I only checked the table hoping to find why my many Sengled light automations kept failing. What I saw was all the Peanuts switching routes every few minutes. This was what got me into xBees and mapping. When I took out the very last Peanut... the Sengleds started working. If this switch driver is the answer to that.. well.. I would very much like that.

2 Likes

Ditto. I will add that I had these same problems on SmartThings prior to Switching to Hubitat.
I recently took my old SmartThings V2 hub and installed it in a house I inherited, along with a dozen Osram bulbs and 5 Peanut plugs. After a few hours playing around with it, I noticed that one of the Peanuts had sent 76,000 messages to the hub. None of the other devices had broken 100, so I removed the offending plug and everything has been working as expected SmartThings reporting multiple times per day that it’s disconnected, etc.

1 Like