Payload value of FF getting converted to -1

2.2.9.130 (I just updated to confirm still happening).
C7 Hub

Is this normal, I thought before that FF would get "scaled" to 255?
I tried using v1 and v2 in the parse and function of command class 0x70, same results. Tested on two similar devices that have the same parameter. I think the older device used to show 255 before I updated to 2.2.9

ConfigurationReport - parameterNumber:8, size:1, scaledValue:-1, value: [255]
parse: zw device: 52, command: 7006, payload: 08 01 FF , isMulticast: false --PARSED-- ConfigurationReport(parameterNumber: 8, size: 1, configurationValue: [255], scaledConfigurationValue: -1)

Yes.. per Z-Wave specs this is a signed value so 255 (0xFF) is -1

Ok so this is different from something like a BasicReport where I think typically FF is 'on' and it scales to 255 there I thought, correct? So those must be defined as a unsigned value.

I thought it might have something to do with zwave spec but I wasn't sure what I was looking for in the document and there is a lot of text in there to read and make sense of!

Thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

anytime

Just for my own (and others) clarification. Looks like the SwitchBinary does not get scaled, as that just reports the "value". That is where my confusion was coming from. I have not had a device use size 1 and a FF value for for a parameter before.

Found the equivalent info for the Switch Binary value showing it should be 255.

SwitchMultiLevel is a little more interesting.. It's 0-99 and 255 (0xFF) is last non zero value..