Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Thank you very much for replaying!
I am using the package from NPM you mentioned.
I think one of the problems is that i used "http://ip-address-of-webcore" instead of just the ip.
Now when i click on dashboard i get this:

if i try "register a browser" i get the same error as before

I've put a more elaborate details of the problem here:

It just looks like a more updated thread

Has anyone else run into the problem of WebCoRE not "remembering" the devices you've chosen for a particular Piston? I find I'm having to return again and again to make those selections, and they (most of them) disappear – become un-checked – almost immediately after I do. Here's a screenshot of what I mean:

Right after selecting these 6 devices, but before I click DONE:
piston_set

And then a moment later, after clicking DONE and returning to Piston setup screen, only 1 of the selection remains:
piston_unset

Any insights to share on this? Strikes me as a certifiable "bug" in the Hubitat instantiation of WebCoRE, but I truly hate to cast aspersions. :slight_smile:

I promise to scour the previous 1020 replies to this thread for clues...

So you are looking at the piston?

It sets this itself automatically based on devices it accesses.

You only need to set devices for webCoRE main app. This piston when it accesses something will add it to the list of what it is accessing.

So just let it run, it will let you know what it actually accesses.

Ah, that's good to know (wonder why this control is even presented, then?), but I gotta wonder still, since I have a local variable within the Piston's "define" section which does reference 4 of those sensors -- to calculate their variance -- shouldn't they be enumerated as well?

Or do all references have to appear within the 'execute' section in order to qualify?

show me the piston in private message, I'll have a look

Can answer my own question now:

YES, it matters where you place those references. Instead of...

define
tempVar = variance of device's temperature(s)

do
set @@global_var = tempVar

...I went ahead and consolidated everything into the do section...

do
set @@global_var = variance of device's temperature(s)

Lo and behold, all 4 of the referenced devices now appear in the "devices used" list!

If you can share the original, I would like to see why it is not working

thx

Sure thing. I thought I had shared the original Piston above, but that must've been on a different thread, so here it is again:

I'll now paste the modified version (with Triggers removed, since I now call this Piston directly from a rule in RM):

I hope the slight change(s) I made to the Piston are self-evident in nature. Note that everything is "working" inasmuch as my workflow (i.e. calculating temperature variance among 4 sensors, and setting a Hub Variable accordingly) reliably goes to completion.

Ok, I found the issue, will have a fix in next update.

1 Like

Yay, glad I brought it up then! And that I wrestled with it for only two days, not longer. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.