Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

I am stuck at this point in the instructions to install on a Pi.

I do not have 2 boxes to input this information. I only have 1 for "Custom webcore webserver (local webserver url different from dashboard.webcore.co)"
Also my settings say "Use custom endpoints" not "Custom URLs" like the instructions say. Am I in the wrong spot? Has the settings changed and I only need to put in my Pi IP address? Here is a screenshot of my settings.

Enter the IP address of your Pi in the first box. Then turn on use local hub URL for API access.
You should be good to go. I agree the instructions are not following the procedures exactly. I went through the same issues when I set mine up. Good Luck

I entered my PI IP address under Use custom endpoints and turned on Use local hub URL for API access. I get this error when I click on the dashboard button.

I go to the logs and there are no entries for Webcore.

Opps! I didn't read your statement correctly. I can reproduce that error too. I've never clicked on the dashboard button within the app, so that may be a bug that's now been uncovered. However, the way I get to my local dashboard after webCoRE is configured to run my dashboard local is to load up my browser (In my case, chrome) and enter the IP address of my Pi that is running the web server.

If I type the IP address of my PI I get this:
Capture

You haven't reset your DocumentRoot to point the webcore directory

I have /var/www/webcore listed in my 000-default.conf file like the instructions show. Do I need to do something else?

Something is overriding it (or it's not being read) because it looks like your DocumentRoot is set /var/www

Is your 000-default.conf located in the directory;

/etc/apache2/sites-available ?

If it is and you haven't rebooted your Pi or restarted the hpptd service, you will need to do that so that file can be read into the service.

Yes, my 000-default.conf file is in /etc/apache2/sites-availible/

I rebooted my pi. When you say restart hpptd service do you mean apache2? I did a sudo service appache2 restart command and I still do not get the webcore page. I tried sudo service hpptd restart and got a message the service is not found.

Rebooting your Pi will also restart the httpd service. Regardless of what web server you use they all are considered httpd. Executing "sudo service appache2 restart" is restarting your web server

It is looking more like the problem is a missed step. I don't have enough knowledge to know what all the commands do but in my setup the location to my webCoRE is found in my home directory (which is my pi directory). Then there is a symbolic link to that directory located in /var/www named "webcore"

Maybe someone with more understanding can help you. What I did discover that when the web server starts up it reads the "/etc/apache2/sites-available" directory as top down. That means if that directory contains multiple conf files and your conf file comes before another conf file, and that file is also defining a VirtualHost using port 80 then your conf is not used. That shouldn't be the case for your Pi but its something to double check.

Here are the steps I did to make my setup work;

cd ~/
git clone GitHub - ady624/webCoRE: webCoRE is a web version of CoRE
cd webCoRE
cd dashboard
sudo ln -s pwd /var/www/webcore

sudo vi /etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf

Screenshot 2021-02-17 17.38.04
sudo a2enmod rewrite
sudo service apache2 restart

Thanks for all your help. I think I am going to start over from the beginning. I may have messed something up during my first try.

I started over and made some progress, I now can get to the webcore dashboard, but it does not show my pistons and when I click on the new piston button nothing happens. I also get this message at the top of the dashboard "There was a problem loading the dashboard data. The data shown below may be outdated; please logout if this problem persists"

Sound like the dashboard is working but is unable to get to you hub.

First: make sure your Raspberry Pi (running the webCoRE dashboard) is able to access your hub by pinging the IP address of your Hubitat.

Second: Make sure the IP address of your Pi is properly assigned in the webCoRE APP. Make sure to click done all the way out. Take comfort that running webCoRE dashboard does work as there are many running it. For me it took me a few tries too before getting it, but eventually did so.

I can successfully ping my PI and the IP address is correct in my settings.

I did see this earlier post by @Tony to help someone having a similar issue. I did not notcie before but I am also not asked for a password, only the registration code.

I reset the tokens as suggested, but Webcore is still not working.

My dashboard has a password set so I don't know if not having one is an issue.
On my Security (Tap change your dashboard security settings) I have Use New SID for location ticked on and a password set.
Other than that I know of nothing else that would prevent it from working.
I have the webCoRE dashboard working on two Pi's and even have another one running in an Oracle cloud just to see if it would work. Maybe you have some other issues such as a Firewall setting.

Does webCoRE on a raspberry still work? I have tried and tried and tried to follow the steps in this guide and the one from mysmartcave or something like that. It was blog that details basically the same steps here. No matter how many times I reflash my pi and try this I cannot not get the webCoRE dashboard to come up locally.

On another note. If I am able to get this running would it be possible to put pi hole on the same pi?

The webCoRE dashboard runs well on Raspberry Pi. As I remember it took a bit of fiddling to get it working for me. A few posts back from this one I outlined the steps I used to get it working. I think my problem was not knowing enough about setting up the Apache webserver and getting the permissions set correctly. I even got the dashboard running on the Oracle cloud just to see if it could be done. Take your time and you'll get it working.

I get to a blank dashboard but can at least get that far now.