Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

@bptworld I think you are on the right track, don't lose hope :slight_smile:

It seems you may have installed docker but not docker-compose.
Just follow the instructions on the below page, for your platform, to have it running and then resume the steps in my guide.

If you keep reporting here, I can guide you through the process if you get stuck.

@ajayjohnm thanks. I'm running on Windows 10. According to the docs, compose comes in the package when I installed Docker.

Docker for Windows

I'm going to try to reinstall it. This is what's running....

he-running

Keep the ideas coming

My bad for not mentioning this before. Although the docker container can run on any platform, the commands I have mentioned here are specific to UNIX based machines :frowning:

However, there is nothing stopping you from running these on a Raspberry Pi or even running the equivalent Windows commands on your Windows machine. However, I don't own any Windows machines and don't quite know what the equivalents are. Maybe someone else here can help.

Update: The docker image seems to have stopped supporting ARM architectures i.e. Raspberry Pi like devices. Let me find an alternative docker image that supports more architectures and update the instructions. Until then, only x86/AMD64 architectures (regular desktops, laptops, mini-pc's etc. can be supported).
@mjw-tan Thanks for testing this out.

2 Likes

Alright...still banging my head against the wall. Back working with the Rpi. :slight_smile:

Formatted the sd card and started from scratch. Same outcome. I get the 'Forbidden' screen.
One note about that is that the webcore file that is created with "sudo ln -s 'pwd' /var/www/webcore" has an exclamation mark for an icon, like there is something wrong.

If I then delete the webcore file and try to go to web server, I get a 404 Not found. So it's definitely looking for that file. But obviously something isn't right with that file when it is created.

Had another person try to run through the instructions too and also got the same thing. Extremely puzzled on how some have this working. :frowning:

Did you copy/paste the command? Can you make sure it's a ` around pwd and not '

1 Like

I had an issue with this as well; it was the first time I ever needed to use this character (the backward slanted quote below the tilda).

You are a genius! The dashboard is now coming up asking for my registration code. This is why I gave up programming after COBOL! lol

Thank you!

1 Like

I saw where @ajayjohnm updated the Hubitat webCoRE code in his gitHub. I originally followed the instructions here:

to build out my rPi and it is working well. What is the recommended way to update my rPi with the new code? I want to make sure I don't mess anything up so I thought I would ask for help before I did that.

Thanks!

cd
cd webCoRE/
git pull

@ajayjohnm merged my changes to fix the virtual flash and dim over time commands along with some basic support for Home Security Monitor (no arm, disarm commands yet but you can see the status), and some fixes for executing pistons from a url. If you are using a local version of webcore use the command above to update along with the main groovy files. If you are using dashboard.webcore.co you must add the ?access_token parameter manually to your piston execution link. You can get the access token by clicking the blue "i" link next to the main webcore app and looking for "accessToken"

2 Likes

I am using the local version of webcore. That is what I was looking for. Thank you!

1 Like

nice work @jp0550 .... external URL's firing perfectly!!

2 Likes

I followed the instructions for installing on my Raspberry Pi. The WebCoRE dash board launches fine but I cannot create any pistons.

When I try to create a piston, it asks for the author and piston name. I type both in and hit create. I am then greeted with an error stating: "Sorry, an error occurred while retrieving the piston data. "

The only option that I have when I get this error is to hit "Go Home" which takes me back to the dashboard. I then see the new piston name in light grey under "Paused Pistons". If I click on it I get the same error as above. The Hubitat Apps page shows both pistons under my main WebCoRE app. I can't edit them though.
I get the same if I try to import using a backup code or any other method.

Any ideas?

I had things working ... for a while then the dashboard (webcore or local) froze and got all fubar ... Uninstalled and may retry when I have some downtime :frowning:

I've noticed that occasionally my pistons go past the time of execution and the timer starts to count up.
Last night when we got home none of my light pistons had fired. House was in complete darkness.
Is anyone else getting issues with webCoRE?
I thought webCoRE had some sort of 'failsafe' that would kick in if a piston failed and the time counter was going in the wrong direction.

Anyone having problems with loading existing pistons?
I updated to the latest version webCoRE yesterday and now I cannot access anything.
Nightmare.
It's either the latest hub update or webCoRE.
Anyone have access to an old version of webCoRE that I can try to see if this is the issue.

You can just look at the history in github, and grab the files from a different revision:

Pick a commit, click on the "Browse Files" button in blue at the right, and there you are.

Thanks for the reply.
I'm obviously being a bit dim here, but I cannot find the old files.
I click on 'Browse Files'.
I can then see ady624/smartapps.
Click on that and it has the latest files.
Where will I find the old ones.
Thanks again.

I updated and I am not having any issues. I can access all my pistons and the all appear to be working as expected.

OK. Thanks. When you say updated, do you mean the hub, webCoRE or both.
Thanks again.

I to have just updated and now cant creat any pistons I get the above message in logs

app:null2018-05-07 15:39:21.020:errorNo signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao.saveState() is applicable for argument types: (null, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [null, [created:1525703960995, modified:1525703960995, build:0, ...]] Possible solutions: saveState(long, java.util.Map) on line 1067