Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Yes, @piersm2. Using the stock/built-in Hubitat notification system. Set your condition to whatever you want, then set your mobile phone as the device in the action, and choose the "send device notification" action. Very prompt notification for me.

I really don't like losing text capability I had on ST, since now I have to install the HE app on any phone I want to get notifications on. Before I could include my family in notifications in a way they are used to (i.e., getting texts) and I didn't have to touch their phones to configure anything or load any apps. But the mobile notifications on HE do work.

Works perfectly for me.

In the example above I'm also using a spoken notification via Follow Me to my GH speaker.

Don't use the built in command of "Push Notification". Make sure you set up your cell phone as a device in hubitat by installing the Android of iOS app. Then sync that device with webCoRE like you would any other device. Then instead of picking "location", pick your phone. Then pick the command "device notification". Then you'll be able to set up the piston linked above.

I followed instructions (I think) for setting up webCoRE's UI on a Raspberry Pi. I'm able to bring the local webCoRE User interface up and can create, edit existing and save pistons. All looks good except it won't show any of my devices on my Hub. When I edit an existing piston using the local UI instead of the device name it show as a long hexadecimal. In other words, local UI thinks I have no devices. Does anyone know why this is happening?

can you show me the settings you put into webcore app? private message is fine to not leak any keys....

Hello all, I have been an HE user since the beginning with limited devices. However, due to resent ST decisions I am moving fulfilling to HE.
My question is, in ST webcore was having issues managing my 250 devices so Ady had me break up all my pistons with 3 installed instances of webcore. He had me break up my devices between the 3 which solved all my issues.

Should I do the same thing with HE? Is it better for HE to manage all my devices in 1 Instance or better for it to mange 3 instances with fewer devices in each? Also, are there any limitations I should be aware of to make sure I keep things running smoothly?

Sharing answer from PM here for everyone:

Last year (this time), Ian (who works on webcore on ST) and I made updates for both ST and HE that sends devices from the webcore groovy app to the IDE/browser in chunks.

So this should allow on both sides (ST or HE) for a single webcore to work with many devices (and it does not try to send all the devices at once which caused ST to timeout due to the cloud limits).

So I think you could try to do this on HE with a single instance. If you wanted to break up dashboards, you may want multiple instances, but I don't think you would need to do this at the start.

I have ~120 devices in my environment with no issues, I have seen others with more.

So you can give this a try, and if there are issues we can look into them.

In general a single instance on a single HE system is likely to be better for resource consumption.

On HE, some folks run multiple hubs in their environment, and break things up that way. This is not so much related to webcore, as to the memory available in HE for running things, and if a hub starts to run out of memory, things get wonky.

How to see memory on your hub:

3 Likes

Wow. Amazed that the veil has been lifted on this statistic (my first and only feature request was for instrumentation; made in Feb. 2018, acknowledged and ignored).

Just tried the memory links on mine and got GREEN 481476. Green sounds good; not sure how the memory figure stacks up.

Previous ST WC User here

After some Pi Server troubleshooting, I finally got WC installed and pointed it to my Pi Server.

Unfortunately, when trying to create my first piston, I'm not seeing any devices available and am completely stumped. I have devices checked and saved under settings. I've uninstalled WC, and reinstalled, selected minimal devices, etc.

Note: My WC installation was through Hubitat Package Manager

Any help or pointers are appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you input the appropriate options for "Custom Endpoints" in the webCoRE app on Hubitat? (Sorry if that goes without saying, but I didn't see it specifically mentioned, so I figure it's worth asking.)

Also be sure the dashboard code on your pi is from the repo in note 1 of that thread and not some other (old) repo

Sorry, forgot to specify.

But yes, I did.

Correct, I used the 2018/09/09 link for RPi.

that is wrong...the same repo that the HE Code is in in note 1, not the old code.

please read note 1 and note 2 of that thread, and do not use old code.

1 Like

Maybe it's the kids back in school and the lack of sleep, but I thought I did that?

I'm using the the info that is listed in the first comment to setup my RPi Server (Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)), then I used Hubitat Package Manager to install WC.

If I connect to dashboard.webcore.co, I see my devices, but if I connect to my IP address of my RPi Server, I don't see any devices. However, any changes made on webcore.co are reflected on the RPi Server, just no devices are listed/available (IDs are listed in Pistons). I'll continue to use dashboard.webcore.co for now.

Thanks for the help folks!

The cases I have seen of the local dashboard not working have been trying to use the old html/css files. The correction have been to use the latest html/css files that are part of the HE distribution vs. the 2 year old files.

I had the same problem following the steps in the link.
My problem was solved using;
"git clone GitHub - ady624/webCoRE: webCoRE is a web version of CoRE"
instead of
"git clone GitHub - jp0550/webCoRE: webCoRE is a web version of CoRE"

Thank you, that was it!

Actual code is:
git clone GitHub - ady624/webCoRE: webCoRE is a web version of CoRE

Not sure why it isn't posting it correctly :frowning:
git clone https://github.com / ady624 / webCoRE (No spaces)

I am having a problem with installation. When I get to the part to enter git checkout hubitat-patches I get error: pathspec 'hubitat-patches' did not match any file(s) known to git. Is there updated information I am supposed to use?

I ran into that too but I skipped it and moved on. I've been running the webcore dashboard on a Raspberry Pi3 for six months or so and it works great.

OK, I will proceed without using it.