Pairing Z-wave Leviton Switches...stops at "INITIALIZING"

Is your Wink still powered? If so, shut it off and try again. Wink will absolutely overpower the Hubitat, and cause you nothing but issues.

1 Like

I have always had the wink hub shut down while working with the HE, so there is no way it could be interfering with the HE radio.

Will they exchange the hub?

1 Like

That is what Bobby@hubitat suggested in the end yesterday. Unfortunately I have to go out of town for work for the next 3 days.

Yay!!! I was able to pair every one of my z-wave devices easily and quickly today without a single problem. I got a response from bobby@hubitat.com . I followed the steps he outlined. I have pasted his email here.

*obby@hubitat.com (Hubitat Support) *

*May 19, 2020, 4:04:02 PM EDT *

Hi there,

Thank you for the update. I have checked your hub and I see an issue with your Z-Wave configuration that may prevent you from adding devices. When you have a chance, could you please Perform a Soft Reset following the instructions in below document without restoring a backup. Once that process is completed, please go into your hub's web interface and then click "Settings," then "Z-Wave Details" and type the word "reset" in the "Z-Wave Reset" section.

Please let me know if after performing these steps you are able to pair any devices, if not, we may need to send you a hub replacement.

Regards,

Bobby

Customer Support Services
Hubitat Inc.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS THREAD. You guys are awesome!
.....Pete

2 Likes

Nice. Happy you are up and running.