Pairing problem - SmartWise WiFi switch C7

Hi all. I am pretty new to Hubitat platform (but have experienced before the Aqara environment). I purchased a C7 and some Smart Switches (SmartWise B2LNW - Wifi + RF switch - https://smartwise.eu/products/smartwise-b1lnw-1-gang-ewelink-smart-wifi-rf-wall-switch-with-physical-button-white/#toggle3|1 ) which should be compatible with Hubitat(according to the seller). I cannot pair them with Hubitat. Tried them with eWeLink and it works.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

The Zigbee series may be compatible with Hubitat :
https://smartwise.eu/product-category/zigbee-smarthome-products/
but not the WiFi or the proprietary RF models...

You can try returning this device and exchanging it for a Zigbee model.

Thanks for the answer. So I understand there is no way around it.. :frowning:

The seller does not answer any more, and unfortunately I bought 40 switches (for an entire house).

No good...
You could probably find some solution- using virtual switches for Amazon Alexa integration as an example, but this will be a Cloud-dependant workaround, which will stop working at the moment when your internet connection is down... : (

I am not aware of a local eWeLink integration for Hubitat.

As much as I don't want to promote Home Assistant, in your case, having 40 unusable switches in Hubitat - this is probably a possible solution :

Actually, if HA integration works - it will be a very good solution!
HA will act simply as a bridge to bring these WiFi switches to Hubitat, using the Home Assistant Device Bridge (HADB) integration. And I suppose everything will be working locally.

You can setup Home Assistant on a virtual machine for the initial tests. There is no need to add any Zigbee dongles or other hardware. I remember there was a very easy to install Home Assistant virtual machine on a Windows PC - it is ideal for quick tests.

2 Likes

I am sorry for your predicament, but unfortunately you made a rookie mistake. You purchased a bunch of devices without first confirming that they worked in your situation.

I have Lutron Caseta switches and dimmers throughout my house. However, before going out at purchasing enough for the entire house, I purchased the Lutron Pro bridge and a couple of dimmers. Once I knew they were reliable, I started to purchase several more at a time until I had the house converted to Lutron. I started by converting my most used switches first. I still have one little used switch that I need to convert to a Lutron dimmer.

I know that is not a viable option for you as Caseta is not available in EU. The RA2 Select devices are available in EU, but they are expensive.

What I am trying to communicate is the need to purchase one or two devices first to test them. Once you know they meet your needs, then purchase additional devices.

In general, most certified Zigbee and Z-wave devices are compatible with Hubitat, including eWeLink Zigbee 3.0 devices. There are a few WiFi connected devices that have integrations that work with Hubitat, but that is not normally the case. An additional issue with WiFi is that you need to set an IP address reservation for each and every WiFi device connected directly to your WiFi router. That might not be necessary if you are using a separate bridge for the devices. It looks like there might be a WiFI to 433 mHz RF bridge available. The devices should work with Amazon Alexa or Google Nest for voice control, but trying to connect the devices to Hubitat is going to be challenging. I have a Hunter SimpleConnect fan that uses WiFi for control I can control the fan using Alexa voice commands or a smartphone app, but I never did get it connected to Hubitat.

Also, never purchase from a supplier than you cannot confirm to be trustworthy. The experience of other forum members is a good place to start.

2 Likes