Pairing Jasco Enbrighten Zigbee In-Wall Tamper-Resistant Smart Outlet: request for specific driver

There are 2 zigbee outlet models if you dig into the documentation details (at least there are model numbers for 2), but you can only buy one of them right now (the one without power reporting).

The only difference between the two models that I could see was power reporting capability.

1 Like

I got it now. Thanks.

I recovered from my first installation experience :sleeping_bed: and have now installed another one. This time I was ready and set up the HE to pair just before I turned on the power. Couldn't have been easier. The switch came online and paired without any intervention. Certainly better than my first attempt!

1 Like

One-week update.

They work fine, once they're paired.

I did have another pairing adventure. Thought I'd be smart and pair three at once: wired them into a spare 3-gang outlet box, using a cheap extension cord to plug them all in. Set up zigbee pairing on the Hubitat, plugged them in, and all three showed up as pairing, but then one disappeared from the screen and a second failed to set up properly. Only one paired properly that time. Eventually had to pair those two manually, after going through the reset sequence a few times to get it just right, and had to delete a ghost from the zigbee list for the one that didn't set up properly.

Turns out you need to make four presses on the button quite rapidly, and hold on the fourth press for over three seconds to get it to reset. That'll work if you're lucky.

2 Likes

It took a month, but one fell off the mesh yesterday. I had to reset it and re-pair it to get it working again.

2 Likes

I have 9 of them with power reporting but have it disabled and none of them have fallen off and no issues to report. They were installed about 6 months ago. Adding two more this weekend.

1 Like

Zigbee? I didn't think Jasco had released any zigbee in-wall receptacles with power reporting yet.

Yeah thats interesting. I know I've seen a model number for one with power monitoring, but i haven't been able to source one as of yet.

I presently have 4 non-power monitoring ones on zigbee network with another 6 to install, and they've been solid in terms of staying on the net. Easy to join as well.

Sadly 3 others and one of their Zwave+ cousins suffered aneurysms due to a surge on the circuit, and now their only single outlets! So, make sure you have whole house surge protection!

S.

1 Like

Update on Power Monitoring.

My Jasco Zigbee ZB1001 (43102) outlets do appear to support power monitoring using the GE Zigbee Switch driver provided by Hubitat.

I haven't seen any reports, because I think they default to power reporting: disabled, but I have one turned on for giggles.

S.

I'm so grateful to find this discussion. At lest now I know I'm not an idiot.

I have just installed 2 of these 43102 receptacles. And I am frustrated to no end. I've been trying for an hour and I cannot get them to reset. Someone needs to make a video.

Press the button 4 times and hold it in on the last press to reset it.

1 Like

I take it you mean you have them wired up, but cannot pair them?

What procedure have you used to pair them?

And the outlets work, like if you plug in a lamp or something? You can push the button on the front to turn the outlet on/off?

And you are certain they are Zigbee and not the (identical appearing) Zwave outlets?

It is the same device as the one listed in this topic title. Here it is on Amazon where I bought it: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0842BDN9R/?coliid=I1716B81HMRGPV&colid=DM7P5ZGEZRR9&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It is wired up and operating. I can turn it on and off by pressing the middle mutton.

According to the manual, you only get two attempts to scan it, then you have to manually reset it. For this alone, they should be flogged. According to the manual, the reset process it is a simple matter of pressing the button three times then holding it for three seconds. I have tried it about thirty times. Nothing.

When I first connected the receptacle it flashed and appeared for pairing. I was trying to pair it using my iPhone to connect to the "HubUi" page in the HE app because my computer wasn't close by. The device would appear on the iPhone app for pairing than then my phone would slip off the WiFi connection and go to the tower which would cause the pairing process to stop. So the device never got paired and does not appear on the HE device list. And now I can't get it to go back into pairing mode

I have turned off the power from the breaker box wait 20 minutes and turn it back on to see if that would help, but it seemed to have no effect.

I have tried pressing the button really fast then holding it. I've tried starting the process with the button on, with the button off. I've tried pressing the button many more than three times then holding it. I've held it for ten seconds. No combination seems to get it t work. What am I missing?

Here is the manual: https://byjasco.com/mwdownloads/download/link/id/1861/

I have about 10 of these and just tested it on several and all reset with 4 presses. On the 4th press hold it for a few seconds and it should start flashing. Doesn't matter if it's on or off to begin with. You also just need to press it fast enough to keep it from turning on or off during the button presses. If you hear it click in the middle of the process you need to give it a minute and try again.

1 Like

Does it matter whether it has a load or not or how much load?

I've done it without a load but it took a bunch of tries.

I think the documentation suggests a load because it's leftover from another device's documentation and that device that didn't have a neutral. There's plenty of old/incorrect information on a lot of Jasco's documentation.

I paired all of my Jasco zigbee in-wall outlets with no load. All paired 1st try.

1 Like

I had stuff already plugged in when I paired most of them. So I can't really speak to this but I did unplug a fan on one that was irritating me going off and on as I tried to get the button pushes in so I know it does work without a load.

1 Like