Pairing Jasco Enbrighten Zigbee In-Wall Tamper-Resistant Smart Outlet: request for specific driver

Couple of notes on pairing this device. 1) It is recognized as Jasco Zigbee Switch. No big deal, but since this probably will become somewhat common, may be better to have separate device for it (fingerprint is below). 2) Getting it into pairing mode is very difficult. It apparently goes into pairing mode when power is first applied (when I'm outside at the circuit breakers) then gives up. Getting it back in pairing mode required first a reset. Resetting it took about 10 minutes of repetitively trying the magic sequence (three presses of the button, followed by a three-second button press). It helped to have a load in the socket, apparently. Jasco's instructions tell you to put a load in the socket before pairing. Why? Who knows. Frustrating.:confounded:

ID: F47F
Manufacturer: Jasco Products
Product Name:
Model Number: 43102
deviceTypeId: 95
manufacturer : Jasco Products
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0B05
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 12
outClusters : 000A,0019
initialized : true
model : 43102
stage : 4
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 2
inClusters : 0000,0003,0B05
endpointId : 02
profileId : 0104
application :
outClusters : 0003,0006
model :
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 242
inClusters :
endpointId : F2
profileId : A1E0
application :
outClusters : 0021
model :

2 Likes

Also, it looks like it should have energy monitoring, but I couldn't get that to work with the Jasco Zigbee switch driver.

https://zigbeealliance.org/zigbee_products/in-wall-tamper-resistant-smart-outlet/

Could you please give an update on how this is working for you in a few days? I’ve been eying these for a while, but wondering how well they work as repeaters, and how reliably they stay connected.

Did you try the GE Zigbee Switch driver? Or Generic Zigbee Outlet?

I have 4 of these in my house. I had no issues pairing them - the button sequence worked as documented for me.

1st thing I did is disable power monitoring in the driver, so I have no idea if that works or not.

Not sure why this would need a new driver though? What do you want the new driver to do that the existing one doesn't already @rsjaffe?

1 Like

Both. Currently on GE Zigbee Switch driver. Couldn't get power reporting on generic outlet driver either.

Did you hit “configure “ on the device page?

Power monitoring. [turns out that the outlets available now don't have power monitoring] And correct dashboard tile appearance.

Not having a dedicated driver is not a show-stopper, but I thought it'd be easy for the HE folks to duplicate the switch driver, make it catch the correct fingerprint, and change the device type from switch to outlet.

I don't get the dashboard part... Why doesn't it work on the dashboard correctly?

EDIT: Oh, because switch vs outlet. I gotcha.

Yep, a couple of times, with some emotion behind the mouse press.:computer_mouse:

2 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl:

@rsjaffe. According to Jasco, this outlet does not have power monitoring.

Yeah, there are 2 models - 1 has power monitoring and one doesn't. I don't think the one being sold on amazon, etc, have power monitoring.

Confirmed, mine all paired very easily. I wanted power monitoring, but none I've bought (direct from Jasco) seem to have it.

S.

I got this direct from Jasco. However, I just looked at the documents and this is the ZB1001, which does not have power monitoring. So looks like the available sockets right now don't have monitoring.

Looks like they used microprinting for the documentation.:mag: Get your magnifier out!

3 Likes

Zigbee? It doesn't look like the new zigbee switches have it either. Not a deal breaker for me, since I don't really use it on the ones I currently have (previous model) except occasionally out of curiosity.

There are 2 zigbee outlet models if you dig into the documentation details (at least there are model numbers for 2), but you can only buy one of them right now (the one without power reporting).

The only difference between the two models that I could see was power reporting capability.

1 Like

I got it now. Thanks.

I recovered from my first installation experience :sleeping_bed: and have now installed another one. This time I was ready and set up the HE to pair just before I turned on the power. Couldn't have been easier. The switch came online and paired without any intervention. Certainly better than my first attempt!

1 Like

One-week update.

They work fine, once they're paired.

I did have another pairing adventure. Thought I'd be smart and pair three at once: wired them into a spare 3-gang outlet box, using a cheap extension cord to plug them all in. Set up zigbee pairing on the Hubitat, plugged them in, and all three showed up as pairing, but then one disappeared from the screen and a second failed to set up properly. Only one paired properly that time. Eventually had to pair those two manually, after going through the reset sequence a few times to get it just right, and had to delete a ghost from the zigbee list for the one that didn't set up properly.

Turns out you need to make four presses on the button quite rapidly, and hold on the fourth press for over three seconds to get it to reset. That'll work if you're lucky.

2 Likes