Pair Eve Flare Matter Using Homekit -- No Pairing Button in Homekit?

I have an Eve Flare light that is Matter based. I've connected it with Apple's Home app, and it's working fine. Now, I want to pair it with Hubitat, but the instructions are incorrect, I think. I'm running the latest version of the Home app, so that's not an issue. What I'm stumbling on is the step that says to go into the Home App, click on the device's settings, and click the "Turn on Pairing" button. Unfortunately, that button isn't present in the screen. This is absolutely a Matter device that's working just fine. Where or how can I find this button?

Here's the bottom of the Flare's settings window, where the button is supposed to be.

Thanks for any help!

According to Eve's website, the Flare is not Matter-capable at this moment (it does use Thread, but that is not Matter per se; see: How to use Matter on Hubitat Elevation | Hubitat Documentation). However, the site does say:

Eve Flare will receive a free firmware update to Matter at a later date.

Did you apply this update? If so, it's possible (likely?) you'd need to re-add it to HomeKit. But I don't see evidence of this having been released in the first place yet in any case.

2 Likes

Thanks, @bertabcd1234 . While it's not great news to hear I have to wait, it's good to know the source of the problem. According to the Eve site, the Flare isn't ready for the upgrade to Matter.