Package Manager listed twice in update

I tried to update package manager, it froze on "Installing Update". After recovering I now see it listed twice. Is there an easy fix? Any problems with existing devices managed by package manager if I remove and re-add the app?

Repair lists it twice also.

@csteele would be the authority on this, but should be able to pick either HPM and click repair. If you do decide to do a remove and re-add, a match up should rebuild your list of apps / drivers without issue.

I chose one and hit repair. Now only one shows up in Update, but 2 still show up in Repair.

I went ahead and completely removed and reinstalled it. Everything looks good for now, here's hoping it stays that way.

Thanks.

It's a cosmetic flaw related to the dual repos that exist. If you're updating from 1.8.2 to 1.8.4 or 1.8.5 directly, (Skipping the 1.8.3 version that was specifically built to make the transition) this display error can appear. A bonus benefit from v1.8.6's Un-Match feature, is that you can use it to cure this display effect. :smiley:

I have a backup from 5/20 that has a 1.8.2 (original) that I've updated directly to 1.8.4 and 1.8.5 and see the display flaw. 1.8.6 fixes it straight away after an Un-Match.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.