OwnTracks

If anyone know who makes the OwnTracks app please let them know it has stopped working after the last update im not the only one with this problem

Probably this?

You can ask for help from the developer in that thread.

3 Likes

The problem is it stopped communicating with hubitat after the last update

@user3991 @asigner40

Go to the thread indicated by @marktheknife - there's an acknowledgement of the bug and a solution there.

So I am marking this as solved and closing this thread.

5 Likes

The link above takes you stuff from last year I didn’t find any solution to the most recent problem after yesterday’s update so maybe I’m blind or something so if you are seeing the solution please post it here cause it was working great up and till I did the update last night

1 Like

Go to the end of that thread. There are ~2285 messages in it. Sign up to use the beta version indicated in the current last post of thread. That post is from earlier today.

4 Likes

I find that starting from the end of the thread and going backwards is generally the quickest way to discover a fix, or at least an acknowledgement, of an issue with an app I've been using. This, of course, is after I have tried finding the answer using the forum search.

3 Likes

If you are getting errors in the Hubitat logs, you need to update to the latest version, open the HE OwnTracks app and then click "Done" in the bottom right of the page to migrate the places.

If you are using the Beta OwnTracks mobile app (2.5.0), I didn't develop that app - That is a project create by some other developers. Their Beta-1 version had an issue where it would stop sending locations, which was fixed in Beta-2. You can post issues on the Github page for that.

If the above doesn't fix your issue, please move your question to the thread listed above and I can help you!

4 Likes