OwnTracks

Seriously, please edit your post. These pics include your name, a timestamped geolocation with latitude/longitude and your street address :face_with_peeking_eye:.

2 Likes

If you are using an iPhone OwnTracks would be the last option I would suggest. It's the most complex to configure and has features that most won't use. If you have an Apple Home Hub (Apple TV of recent generations or Home Pod) you can use a virtual switch with presence. Other good app options are Geofency ($5) and Locative (free). They all perform at about the same level.

1 Like

It won’t let me

I do have Apple TV
I already use Geofency but it only work about 70% of the time

Locative I’ve try but I’m lost on how to set it up

2 Likes

For the Apple Home method: in Hubitat create a virtual switch with presence device. Share it to Apple Home via Hubitat's HomeKit app. In Apple Home set up 2 automations. One to turn on the shared virtual switch when arriving and the other to turn off the switch when leaving.

Geofency works essentially 100% for me, as does Apple Home and Locative. Make sure Location permission is set to 'Always' and both Background App Refresh and Cellular Data are on. In the app preferences turn on 'Location Accuracy'.

1 Like

Marktheknife
The maker api is where I’m having the problem cause it won’t let me change anything I’ve tried several times

I have everything in Geofency set right and it only works right if I’m lucky about 70% of the time

It’s hard to understand what that means. Perhaps if you describe in more detail, and share screenshots of your maker API settings page, it would be clearer.

3 Likes

@user3991

Frankly, it is hard to understand what any of this means:

1. We don't know which OwnTracks integration you are using on your Hubitat (we get it that you're using the iOS OwnTracks app).
  2. We don't know what your Geofency setup is, so it is impossible to guess why it works sometimes but not others.
  3. We don't know what your Maker API setup looks like, so it is unclear what "won't let me change anything" means.

Please read the post linked below, and provide the requisite information, so that it is feasible to debug your OwnTracks and Geofency installations ...

2 Likes

First and for most I’m not sure what was confusing about my post I needed help setup up OwnTracks I did not know that there was more than one out there second I did post pictures of what I did and how I had it set up but I was told to take them down yes they had some information on them but that was the only way to show what I did and how I did
But I must say I was told people were nice and very helpful on but over the last year that I have posted several thing’s and people have been nothing nasty and rude there’s only been a few people that were nice and actually had impute about a problem and helped but anyway I may or my not have figured it out I guess I will find out

The most confusing thing about your posts to me is that we still do not know what you are using on the Hubitat side (the screenshots you shared were also mostly of OwnTracks itself, but the one I saw that was from the hub wasn't enough to tell anything about the driver in use). People are normally happy to help if you share the information requested to the best of your ability. There have been several requests for information that were not sufficiently answered, making it impossible to troubleshoot more--for example, which OwnTracks integration you are using. :slight_smile:

Maybe we can start there?

It seems you don't know which one you are using, so the next step to figure that out is to share where you got it from. As I mentioned (twice) above, you had to have added the code to your hub somehow since this is a custom driver, not something built-in. How did you do that, and where did you get it from? (If the answer is "HPM," go into HPM and do a "View Apps and Drivers" to see what you actually installed--that alone is unlikely to help, but this will.)

3 Likes

No one intends to be nasty or rude, I assure you.

It’s just that you need to provide certain details and answer some of the specific questions others are asking you. Otherwise it’s not really possible to help troubleshoot.

4 Likes

I am sorry you would be correct I did not provide enough information
I downloaded OwnTracks from Hpm I have a iPhone 14 I thought I had it working but just took the wife to work and unfortunately it did not work from what I can see I followed the instructions so not sure what I did wrong

Let me know what other information you may need I would really I to get this working

The Version of the app is 1.1.3.7

I do apologize if I was a ■■■ this thing has me pulling my hair out and for whatever reason all my other presence stuff only works when it wants to to lately and life 360 has been disconnected for most smart home platforms

This is insufficient information. If you would like the community to assist you, you'll need to provide the following information.

1. Which OwnTracks integration? As has been repeatedly pointed out - there are two, and and they are setup differently.
  2. Screenshots of how you set it up on Hubitat.

Once it is established how the integration is setup on your hub, the next step will be to see how it is setup on your phone.

1 Like

I’m utterly confused about you you are looking for I’m only aware are one way to install it and set it up and I’m only aware of one Version I can post pictures of what I have I installed it in hmp and I downloaded the app form the iPhone App Store

Images with PII removed by Moderator

1 Like