Overall feedback on C-8 experience

I ordered my C8 hub yesterday. Thanks to Amazon delivery services, it arrived today. I migrated everything from my C7 hub to the new C8.

The only complaint I have with the new hub is that the USB-C power cord that came with the device is only 3 ft long. Come on guys; how are you supposed to achieve optimal placement of the hub if it has to be within 3 ft of a power outlet??? The C7 came with a 6 ft cable. Fortunately, I had a 6 ft USB A to C cable and used that so I hook up my hub and position it in a good spot for coverage. The difference in cost between a 1 meter and 2 meter USB cable is only a few cents at the time of manufacture.

The migration instructions suggested that all LAN integrations be disable before migrating and then re-enabled after. I took a chance and migrated without disabling the integrations. I did go back into the app settings and reauthorized my devices, but I think they were working anyway.

2 Likes

agreed.. the wifi switch i have it plugged into had to move.. need to get a extension cord so i can move it back

Funny thing is where mine goes a 6" cable would be good. But I hear ya.

2 Likes

I think they saved a few more cents by using non-rotating antennas. :anguished:

3 Likes

Cents do matter...I worked at a consumer HW company and there were hallway brawls over shaving a few pennies off the BOM cost. Selling HW is a tough biz to be in...the antennas work well and don't hinder effective use of the hub, so I can see why they would choose as they did if it provided cost savings. :slight_smile:

Oh, and I'm still waiting quietly for someone to post that they broken their hub trying to bend the antenna... :wink:

7 Likes

PoE is your friend!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B087F4QCTR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

3 Likes

Its not a matter of will it happen. It's a matter of when it will happen...lol

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.