Outside weather trigger tstat

if my rule worked which it doesn't unless i force trigger it in the app agh!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of basic rule, try simple automation. That said I'm not at home at the moment to look at basic rules. Will check later.

Note: took about 30 seconds to make that RM rule. All the built in rule apps are simply subsets of rule machine

What I don’t get is if I click run action in the basic rule apps it work fine.. I did an experiment and tied it to my bedroom light switch on sets one temp off another worked flawlessly

BUT. It with not work off a sensor, I tried open weather app and now a Zooz temp sensor.

One on the main reason I bought HE was for this automation since HK can’t do it. But seem that HE can’t do it either.

So confused right now

Dan

I just bought a Zooz temp sensor and it doesn’t work either

What you're attempting isn't exactly rocket science, and the basic rule you posted should work. I feel like there is something missing... if i have time when i get home I'll try to look this over further and see if I see anything causing issues.

Thanks, I know it’s simple and that’s why it’s frustrating cause it should work . Its like hubitat won’t let my use temp as a trigger. If I manual run the rule it works and if I fire the automation with another trigger it works but neither open weather app or the Zooz temp sensor will fire the automation..

I did this one and it looks like it works... Is your outdoor temp reflecting the trigger? What do the event logs say?

2 Likes

I rewrote it in Rule machine and its working...the one on the list that say unknown app is when it was in basic rule

Glad to hear it's working. I'm not an expert on interpreting logs, but that "Unkown App" issue certainly seems odd.

And FWIW, Basic Rule is great for just that....basic rules. Most of the time I find that there is some feature I want that requires I use the full blown Rule Machine app. That doesn't really help the issue that Basic Rule should've worked, but the more comfortable you get while tinkering in Rule Machine, the less intimidating it seems and the more automations you feel empowered to tackle.

1 Like

Dylan, I'd like to know more about how to set the "weatherTemperature" as a trigger. I've looked through the options in the trigger capability drop down and not able to find this weather attribute, not even in "Custom Attributes".
I'm using Ecobee Suite version 1.8.53, is this only something available in 1.9.00?

updated to 1.9.00 still not there. Any help on using "weatherTemperature" status as a trigger would be helpful.

I'll look at it when I get home... hopefully there is an easy answer.

Welcome to the community, btw.

1 Like

Works fine for me. Selected "Custom Attributes" for trigger capability. Running HE platform version 2.3.4.134.

1 Like

Figured it out. Noob mistake on my end. When selecting the device for the trigger I was selecting the Thermostat sensor instead of the actual thermostat, partially due to my own confusing device naming.

The full list of attributes showed up once I had the correct device selected.

2 Likes