Outlook Calendar

I have Microsoft Office 360, Does anyone know how to use outlook calendar to trigger events in Hubitat, I was using Google Calendar, but they are putting prices up, so am cancelling my account with them.

I'm sure you know that there is a free version of Google Calendar.

Yes, but cant use it with GCal, as there is NO api, which is needed for GCal, unless you know of a way.

I use this Hubitat app and Goggle Calendar to create "search triggers" that will query Event Titles or a Location in a designated Google Calendar for events that match a defined search string.

3 Likes

@KurtSanders thanks for sharing Google Calendar Search. @mark21 I have been using the free Gmail and for personal use there is also a free API to Calendar, Tasks, and an unofficial Reminder API too. My soon to be released Beta version adds Tasks and Reminders.

Within the thread you will find that some folks have integrated Office 365 via Google somehow (I don't know the specifics) so you might want to tag some folks within that thread to ask.

2 Likes

That's the app I'm using, you need a google workspace account to use this app, and the free account are being cancelled in March 1st.

Hum I am not familiar with this news but did a quick search and found this article as an example.

Is this what you are referring to? If not please share what you received. I haven't personally received any notifications indicating my free use of Google products now requires a subscription. I simply use it for mail and some storage (pay for extra storage). So not a big user of it.

The free Google Calendar API is available and not a fee based service from what I read.

Is Google Calendar API Free? Yes, Google Calendar API is effectively free . Google Calendar API has a courtesy limit of 1,000,000 queries a day. While most apps will consume at much lower rates, Google does allow one to increase the quota.

Yes that's it, I've had an email from google.
Once you’re upgraded, you can use your new Google Workspace subscription and functionality at no-cost until at least July 1, 2022.

If you take no action by May 1, 2022, Google will begin upgrading your organization seamlessly to a new Google Workspace subscription. The new subscription will be based on what you currently use with your G Suite legacy free edition.

**If you do not enter your billing details before July 1, 2022, your subscription will be [suspended]

Interesting. I haven't gotten any emails other than about my use of Google Voice. I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

I use gSyncit by Fieldston to sync my 2019 outlook to Google. Syncs contacts, and calendar.

2 Likes

Yes, gSyncit is a nice tool, I use it as well.

1 Like

Thanks for you help guy's, but I'm not looking to since from 1 calendar to another, I'm in the middle of deleting my Google account, not paying Googles crazy prices, when i can get email hosting for 75p a month, with 10 accounts, and office online for £7.99 a month with 5 accounts, by by Google. so will be using outlook from now on, or maybe there is another calendar out there that I can use with hubitat.

Don’t recall seeing an integration yet but the information on the Outlook API is readily available:

Only barrier to developing a native app could be the availability of one or more java libraries.

Graph is great but there is also Power Automate and IFTTT. We use Power Automate very heavily at work and of course IFTTT does have some outlook calendar integrations. I did see Yeelight in Power Automate. The downside is both Power Automate and IFTTT are part of subscriptions.

https://us.flow.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/

https://ifttt.com/search/query/outlook

Here is the email from Google that is being referred to as being discontinued. Note this is NOT the free Google platform for email, calendar, voice, docs, drive, etc...

Google Workspace logo

Dear Administrator,

We are writing to let you know that your G Suite legacy free edition will no longer be available starting July 1, 2022. To maintain your services and accounts, you need to upgrade to Google Workspace.

We launched our G Suite legacy free edition —the original Google Apps offering for businesses and schools— 16 years ago. In 2012 we discontinued this service, and we will now transition all remaining users to an upgraded Google Workspace paid subscription based on your usage.

What does this mean for my organization?

In 2020, we introduced —Google Workspace— and tailored our offerings to provide more options to fit our customers’ needs. Google Workspace includes all the features you already use, plus several new capabilities including more storage, increased security, 24/7 support, and more.

Upgrading from your G Suite legacy free edition to Google Workspace will only take you a few short steps and is not disruptive to your end-users. To support you in this transition, you will have discount options for 12 months after July 1, 2022.

What do I need to do?

To avoid disruption and maintain your account(s), please upgrade to Google Workspace by May 1, 2022. Begin the upgrade by reviewing the transition help center article, and selecting the option that best suits your organization’s needs. When you've identified your preferred subscription:

1. Go to your Admin console.
  2. Select your new subscription offering.
  3. Enter your billing information.

Once you’re upgraded, you can use your new Google Workspace subscription and functionality at no-cost until at least July 1, 2022.

If you take no action by May 1, 2022, Google will begin upgrading your organization seamlessly to a new Google Workspace subscription. The new subscription will be based on what you currently use with your G Suite legacy free edition.

If you do not enter your billing details before July 1, 2022, your subscription will be suspended.

If your needs have changed and you do not want to upgrade to a Google Workspace subscription, you can export your organization’s data with the takeout feature.

FAQs

Visit the help center for information on the G Suite legacy free edition to Google Workspace transition.

We’re here to help

If you have questions or need assistance, please Contact Google Workspace support. When you call or submit your support case, reference issue number 205265775. If you have trouble accessing your administrator account, please refer to instructions to reset your administrator password.

Thanks for choosing Google Workspace.

– The Google Workspace Team

1 Like

Anyone interested in a very good email hosting etc from £0.75 a month 10 account.

You don't need to pay for Google email/calendar. It's free with every gmail account.

You are blending this with Google GSuite (their paid Office 365 equivalent) which they are discontinuing.

With Office 365 you can use their power automate flows (free) to sync Office 365 events to a Google calendar. That works really slick.

I'm using a bit of a Rube Goldberg setup. I needed something special, and I had to work across multiple services but somewhere in there, I'm triggering habitat from my calendar.

I want Alexa to tell me right before I have a meeting starting. This functionality is built into Alexa, but only 15 minutes before the meeting starts. I get busy working and forget in that time.

IFTTT stopped supporting O365 Calendar directly.
Power Automate doesn't work with Habitat directly.

SO...
Step 1 - Microsoft Power Automate - 2 minutes before a meeting starts send a webhook to IFTTT.
Step 2 - IFTTT - When the webhook is received turn on a Hubitat Virtual Switch called "Meeting"
Step 3 - Alexa Routine - When "Meeting" is turned on: (1) Turn off (reset) the virtual switch "Meeting", (2) play a ticking sound and announce, "Your event is starting soon", (3) Wait 1 minute, (4) play the ticking sound again.

Been working pretty well for about 18 months now.

Webhooks are great, Power Automate is crazy sometimes when it comes to how to make rules within the office 365 space. I have lots rules in power automate at work to save attachments from email and meeting requests and route them to proper project folders in sharepoint. So many things are Rube Goldberg when it comes to these types of automations.