Outlet/Switch power reporting threshold and excessive reporting

Is it possible to add "2 Watt" to the power reporting for outlets and switches built in drivers? Or is this built into the device and not possible? Reason is if one has a device that has real <5 watt changes you need to set to 1 Watt. If I set to 1 Watt the small fluctuations make the outlet spam the hub with unnecessary power readings.

I question the accuracy and stability of these things to measure 1 watt differences anyway and it being an integer.

1 Like

Anyone have an answer for this? Is it possible to add a "2 Watts" option to the generic drivers to get out of the noise threshold?

Seems like a question for @mike.maxwell

I know of at least one plug that won't let you go below 5 watts.
I feel that just because it's in the generic driver, doesn't mean the actual device will support that.

My Sengled outlets read down 1 watt but I doubt the accuracy. My use case is I have some devices plugged into the outlet and bounces between 44w and 45w, noise I assume. So setting driver 1w power change updates hub constantly. So something above the noise like a 2w or 3w change would be more appropriate.

I've got some video stuff that bounces around too, only it's a lot bigger than 2 or 3 watts. Even my laptop does that-probably easier on the battery, or whatever. Monitoring can be a pita.

I have one device which generates spike ower 100W at start-up,
then bounces between 25-50W during normal operation.
But for detecting done condition I need power reporting below 4W.
My solution for this problem is to set a power reporting threshold
to 60W and use a trigger to detect spike above 100W.
Than in a rule body I am running a repeat every 20sec loop with
update status and detect reporting power below 5W.
So far works as expected.

The ZEN04 plugs I use only allow a max power threshold of 50W, but on the other hand, the community driver by @jtp10181 lets you set an 'accessory' value, for you it would be 5 W, where anything below that would be considered "off".

Nothing's easy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.