Outdoor string lights or Café

I want to get outside lights for the backyard. The outlet would though be in the garage, which is not attached.

I might need an extender. I use currently a hubitat c 7

Are there any cafe style string lights, which are either zigbee or zwave?

It would be nice if they can be individual addressable, but it is not a requirement.

Rgbw would be great too.

I would need poles. Or I can string them in a z shape. Or triangle

Garage to house and then to another point on the house and back to the garage.

I would only use them in the warmer months. As I live in Michigan.

I know Wiz lights are supported, but not 100% sure if this would include these:

Govee lights are supported through a community driver:

However, I am not seeing this specific model in the list, so @mavrrick58 would need to confirm if they are…

These are all Wifi, so as long as your Wifi connection reaches the garage, they should be able to connect.

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

The Govee strips linked will likely work with the Cloud API. Hard to know about thr LAN API without having them in hand.

I have regular string LEDs on my shed, which is 40-45' from the house (about 50' from the closest Lutron outlet in the home), which is controlled with a Lutron smart outlet in HE. The camera in the shed loses connection from time to time, but the motion controlled lights and outlet are quite reliable.
Just mentioned in case it helps your choices.

...bob

1 Like

If you want to go a bit more creative. There are solar powered ones that come with a small RF remote control (and can also be set to a timer). You can hook up various RF relay devices through hubitat to control as well -- but the dusk timer itself is pretty much all I needed

2 Likes

Looking at buying the wiz string lights, has anyone figured out if they work with hubitat? If so, local or cloud?

or does anyone know of a different set of lights that work?

The wiz integration is all local. I have several of there bulbs. I dont have issues but some have. I suspect the chances of that are largely dependent on how good your wifi is.

I am obviously a little biased toward Govee. They do have several string lights that support local control and pretty much anything that has wifi is supported through the cloud API.

Every device I get from them has to have wifi. I have yet to find one that doesn't work with their cloud. Over the last few years they have made a push for local LAN control. The only devices i have gotten over that time thay do not support LAN control is their battery powered Night Light and their curtain Lights. So as long as the device is new you are pretty safe for LAN control as well.