Outdoor RGB Lighting suggestion

Does anyone have any suggestions for outdoor RGB lighting? I really like the Hue Lily (https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Hue-Ambiance-extension-Assistant/dp/B07DBLWB3V) but in typical Hue fashion, they're not cheap. I already have 12V wiring outdoors so low voltage is fine, so is line voltage. Most of my stuff is Z-Wave so I prefer that, but these will be in an area where I have enough Zigbee coverage. Anyone have any thoughts other than the Hue Lily?

Spots, strips, or what?

I know they make waterproof and weatherproof strips, and along with a Zwave RGBW controller, you could light under the eaves or along a walkway or something like that.

Sorry, should have provided more details. Looking for spot lights to up-light some plants.

Don't balk, but I have the gardenspots, with the newer chip, and I really love them. Their effect on the house is very cool. They're like tiny little spot lights with a fairly wide beam. They can be found much cheaper now than I paid. Word of caution, 2 year warranty had to be used 3 or 4 times/17months due to a single LED failing in one or more spots.

PS, I also have a red and blue bulb on the porch ceiling light, but you get the idea.

Looks nice, but are those RGB? I'm looking for something where I can change the colors.

yes, the sylvania gardenspots are RGB. If you want white, it looks kinda weird when made up of RGB, but the colors are nice. The whole strip becomes one color. I have 2 strips with alternating colors.

These go on sale often, amazon, ebay, vminnovations, franko lighting

2 Likes

We use Hue Lily & Spots in front of our house and use the RGB Gardenspots, like @Rxich mentioned on our back deck as under rail lighting, which works out great.

Here a pic from our Ring flood light of our back deck lighting.
The lights on the fence and shed are solar lights

1 Like