Summer has started, itching to try the new Lutron Outdoor plug and needed to create a project to use it
The outdoor pergola lighting requirement was created
Considering that I had to take the wiring from the screened-in section of the deck where the power outlet is, to the pergola, I had to drill a small hole in a corner of the deck & seal it in with silicone caulk - don't want insects
Of course, the "Outlet" part of the extension cable is wayyyyy bigger than the hole ... there is the over engineering part of the solution & having to cut the extension cable to fit through the hole!
Yeah - the pergola is white... so, had to go find white everything
Here is what I used and all of them have endured a ton of pollen, a couple of thunderstorms and being hosed down multiple times - have kept the electrical connections dry and rock solid.
The Caseta Weatherproof plug works as expected and instantaneously , responds to Hubitat, voice as well as the pico remote, as designed
- Caseta Weatherproof plug + Pico - Home Depot
- 50 foot Outdoor rated extension cable
- Waterproof housing for the plug and sockets - 'coz I'm OCD
- Waterproof electrical connector - 'coz of the earlier described hole drilling situation
- White LED string lights from Costco - remember the white Pergola
- A ton of outdoor rated zip ties for the LED string lights!