Outdoor, color-changing smart lights?

What options do I have for colored, outdoor lighting that works well with Hubitat and isn't Philips Hue ($$$)?

Are there really none? I've read some good things about Novostella lights but can't seem to figure out whether or not they can be made to work with Hubitat?

Anyone?

I am unaware of other devices that officially work, but there might be some.

There are weatherproof (IP rated) LED strips, but the controller would have to be indoors somewhere. I think I saw outdoor (waterproof) channels to run LED in somewhere.

Ebay and other sites like AliExpress have tons of "Zigbee" outdoor lights, but who knows what you are really getting or if they are compatible in any way with Hubitat.

I posted a similar question months ago and it didn't result with any good solution.

Sylvania makes outdoor rated light strips, but I personally would rather go the more DIY route, essentially getting induvial strips with a separate controller and power supply, and installing them in painted aluminum channels. There are a lot more options by doing it this way and IMHO looks nicer than the bare outdoor rated strips. With a miter saw and some basic soldering skills, you can really get a clean professional look.

Sylvania also makes Gardenspot lights for lighting up pathways or garden edges, but these seem to be hard to find.

For smart fixtures, I don't really know of any other than Philips. If you have standard fixtures that can protect your bulbs from the elements, then there are a ton of options for smart bulbs. This could still be risky depending on your climate.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.