Osram Lightify can light stopped working

I have 8 Osram Lightify can lights that have worked flawlessly for me... until now. My sister was babysitting for me, and she apparently was turning power on and off to our kitchen (4 can lights). One started blinking and wouldn't stop, so I had her unplug it.

I thought it would be a simple repair once I got home, but I can't get the bulb to reset (on/off 5 times with 3s pauses. It's also supposed to light up when power is supplied, but it doesn't do that anymore either. Any ideas?

I fear your light may have passed over the rainbow bridge :frowning_face:
I would remove it from the socket and let it set with no power for a while. I don't have a recommendation. Maybe 24 hours for a power drain and see if you can get it to light after that. Otherwise you may have to reach out to sylvania.
You've confirmed that the can is not bad, right?

Some of the early firmware needed a 1 second pause. Try that.

Some references say up to 10 cycles with a 1 second pause. The controllers for my led strip lights takes at least 8 cycles.

ok, did the reset 10 times... and nothing. Was reading up on more options when it starting blinking like an anime. Finally stopped and stayed on steady.

Removed it from all rules, etc. Removed it from the hub. Power off. Power on. Ready to pair. Successful pairing.

No idea how it got so confused, but glad it's back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For future reference. Zigbee devices that stop communicating with Hubitat do not have to be removed from Hubitat.

Simply reset the device using factory reset instructions, and then pair it to Hubitat again. It will be recognized as the previously paired device and slot into automations etc. that the previously paired device was used in.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually tried that, and the hub behaved as you describe. However, the bulb still didn't respond. It wasn't til I fully removed it and re-added it that it began to respond again.

I'm guessing the light has issues, and I'll likely need to replace it at some point.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.