Original vs Easy Dashboard - Which to Keep? Should I delete the other?

Ok, general question for everyone... I started playing with the Easy Dashboards and I really like how they look and operate, especially on my phone... Best part is the customized tile names...

I know the conversation on which is best and/or has more features, so I'm not advocating for or seeking debate on that... The original model offers some things that are deal breakers over the new style...

But for basic needs, which one is everyone landing on? Are you using both?

The second part of my question is what are you doing with whatever you are not using? For example, I have multiple dashboards for rooms and other physical locations. Although I like the new Easy Dashboard, I'm hesitant to get rid of the old ones... Has anyone said screw it, jumped in and deleted the old ones?

Any way to back those up somewhere? Probably most of us don't need both... @jtp10181 or @thebearmay or anyone else, any chance you could write an app that backs them up? :slight_smile:

That way, if needed, we could go back?

In the apps list, expand the dashboard app in question, click the gear next to the dashboard you want to backup, then click on the Export/Clone button.

2 Likes